My first bird photos

Just got a new Canon R6 and tried my hand at some birds. The animal eye tracking and the ability to shoot 20 frames per second make it a little easier to produce decent results. This needed the help of SharpenAi and Gigapixel Ai to improve it.

16 Likes

Great shot

1 Like

Very nice shot and treatment

1 Like

Excellent!

1 Like

That is incredible. Are you able to attach the original shot before the software post-processing for comparison?

1 Like

Here is a jpeg done from the original .CR3 file. I figured most folks wonā€™t be able to read the .cr3 file, so this was the best I could come up with. This jpeg is taken from the unprocessed raw file. The dark shadow on the right is my window frame - believe it or not, I took this photo out of my living room window, using a 24-240 lens on a Canon R6.

2 Likes

Great sharp shot of a Spotted Towhee in flight! Those kinds of shots involve juggling auto-focus, auto-exposure. Nice work on recovering a good exposure of the dark Towhee.

1 Like

So sounds like the cam refreshes fast enough and doesnā€™t buffer too much to track well even with faster moving critters.

You have a very painterly look with this image.

Wonderful captureļ¼The first time Iā€™ve photographed BIF, I even canā€˜t see the bird in the finder frame

Nice crop and processing. If you blow the image up in PSCC and work on the eye it will become even more amazing. Nice job for a 1st timer!

1 Like