My first bird photos

Just got a new Canon R6 and tried my hand at some birds. The animal eye tracking and the ability to shoot 20 frames per second make it a little easier to produce decent results. This needed the help of SharpenAi and Gigapixel Ai to improve it.

13 Likes

Great shot

1 Like

Very nice shot and treatment

1 Like

Excellent!

1 Like

That is incredible. Are you able to attach the original shot before the software post-processing for comparison?

1 Like

Here is a jpeg done from the original .CR3 file. I figured most folks won’t be able to read the .cr3 file, so this was the best I could come up with. This jpeg is taken from the unprocessed raw file. The dark shadow on the right is my window frame - believe it or not, I took this photo out of my living room window, using a 24-240 lens on a Canon R6.

1 Like

Great sharp shot of a Spotted Towhee in flight! Those kinds of shots involve juggling auto-focus, auto-exposure. Nice work on recovering a good exposure of the dark Towhee.

1 Like

So sounds like the cam refreshes fast enough and doesn’t buffer too much to track well even with faster moving critters.

You have a very painterly look with this image.

Wonderful capture!The first time I’ve photographed BIF, I even can‘t see the bird in the finder frame