Morris Minor on the Streets of Bath

Not sure about the year but I believe it is 1960’s model

13 Likes

Super reflections on the car.

1 Like

the car registration plates would give us a clue

@el48tel The registration plate is not in the normal format that I would have expected to see. It contains 3 numbers followed by 3 letters. Maybe a personalized plate or “vanity” plate as it is referred to in North Carolina. I chose to not display the plate as photographed for privacy concerns.

EDIT:
After a little research it appears that these types of plates are referred to as “Cherished” plates in the U. K.
So no help there, except that it appears that the number and letter sequence shown in the original photo was issued prior to '63.

1 Like

Thanks @Kathy_9

Nicely done …

1 Like

@BobKramer tahanks for looking.

@techman - the 3 + 3 plates were normal before the new registration sequence of the mid 60s - now these plates have become collectible and re-used as “vanity”. So it’s early 60s.

Thanks for confirming.

Very cool capture and processing!

@KenKv I appreciate the comment.

I agree with Kathy… the processing has brought out the nice reflections and details. I also like how the treatment and colors play well with the car. I looked online and found that the 1959 model also has the same styling as this car. The grill is the same style where with other years it was different. I also change the plate info when displaying my car images for privacy reasons. Great work on this image.

1 Like

@cre8art Thanks for the comments

“So no help there, except that it appears that the number and letter sequence shown in the original photo was issued prior to '63”.

Whilst it’s true that the numbering system changed in 1963, it wasn’t mandatory until 1965, which is when I first became aware of it (at age 10). I remember seeing plenty of “C” reg (1965) and “B” reg (1964) cars but “A” reg were incredibly rare even then, I love the photo, by the way.

1 Like

Thanks @PaulM

I have done more research on the Morris that I photographed in Bath and for those that may be interested I am attaching the registration information on the vehicle as well as an article explaining the how’s and why’s of the number/letter scheme that is use in the U. K.
http://www.cvpg.co.uk/REG.pdf

Great capture and processing!

Thanks for looking Peter