Mask AI 1.1.0 - Shows Incorrect Bkgrnd Fill Color

If there is no attached ICC profile like you see in this screenshot you will need to allocate one before calling. Note it is not the Color Space Data that is significant as RGB has many variations such as sRGB, AdobeRGB, ProPhotoRGB etc. that is the ICC Profile:

Is there currently any FYI about this in the product (like a “?” in the Background > Color section)? If not, perhaps it would be helpful to others too… How to recommend that’s added? Your explanation & diagram is clear.

I believe that the dev’s are looking into ways to disable opening of any images that don’t have a color profile and have a message pop up saying what the issue is.

This is a hangover (sloppy also) from PS where it will happily open a uncalibrated image and use the display profile for processing … but that can cause issues where you may use AdobeRGB or WideGamut displays especially if you open an image and allocate a profile.

1 Like

Thanks AiDon. The meta data says colour representation assigned is sRGB. Other than that I am not sure what profile I would assign to the images, and to be honest I am not entirely sure why that would be a cause to the problem - unless Mask AI is trying to assign its own colour profile without being requested. I think the issue lies somewhere else. It would strike me as odd that I would need to assign a profile. I am even more confused now :wink:

Can you upload a copy of the image you are trying to process to a download site so I can check it please. If you don’t want to do that I suggest that you raise a support request at the main website.