Lighthouse at Long Beach WA

Used Adjust AI, Impression, Texture, finished with Corel Painter 2020

17 Likes

Very cool painting technique …

1 Like

Raquel, when did Painter 2020 come out? Usually Corel hounds me to death but your post was the first I heard of it. I think I turned off the notices. I have 2018 and I might update this time given the speed increases. Pretty picture.

1 Like

Fantastic.

1 Like

absolutely gorgeous

1 Like

S’nice

1 Like

print - frame - hang!
Wonderful work, Raquel!

1 Like

Beautiful painterly look.Well done.

1 Like

Sweet! Love the color pallet along with the nice light behind the the lighthouse.

1 Like

Painter 2020 was released about two weeks ago, so you might want to turn on your notices for the special offer to upgrade. You will see a lot of changes, they now are using GPU making Painter so much faster.

1 Like

I opened Painter 2018 and got the offer on the welcome screen. I just bought and installed it. Installation was a bit strange since I had to reboot and then run a repair to finish the install. It is working ok. Also I just sent a support ticket because the performance test said I don’t have OpenCL in use. I checked using a couple of utilities and they say that Open CL 2 is in use. The Painter score was 1746 and it should be higher.

Just playing with it some now. :grinning:

One trick, when you first open Painter for the first time, open with a shift start and do a reset to default. If you want to dig deep into the program check out the Digital Art Academy. Skip Allen will be teaching a class for Painter 2020. You can ask questions and he can answer them.
Check out the tutorials in the welcome screen that can help with the Open CL 2. I have a laptop with a score of 199 and my desktop is 5736. Painter still works on my laptop, although I don’t use it much.

1 Like

Cool image, Very nice technique!

1 Like

Even though I found some info about GPU settings nothing really helped. Painter still runs well due to using 9 cores of my CPU but it won’t use the GPU without recognizing OpenCL. I put in a tech support ticket. I would think they tested it on AMD video cards.

1 Like