Lens Correction still not working in Lightroom RAW Plugin Mode

We are well aware of the importance. Lens correction is challenging to fully support as there is a huge variety to fix.

Some cameras we already support but there is a bug in our Lightroom Classic plugin preventing it from working, which is what this original post is about.

Some cameras we do not have support for and likely will not be able to support yet.

We will work on these fixes in time. In the meanwhile, the workarounds are necessary.

Please reach out if you have further feedback that I can bring to my team.

As a whole, we are working on lens corrections for supported cameras working in the File > Plug-in Extras > Process with Topaz Photo AI plugin.

It is in the roadmap and will be coming in the next few months.

Any updates? I note that Lensfun claims to support the Sony RX100 VI and there is now a ā€œLenscorrectionā€ progress marker. But, unless I am doing something wrong, there is still vignetting and fish eye distortion.

Working around by using a TIFF works, but, of course, it loses some of the mojo of working with the RAW file.

Many thanks!

Whats the lens model/name you are using? Lensfun supported lenses are listed here:

You may notice that distortion is usually corrected, but vignetting is not always corrected. Iā€™m not sure why thatā€™s the case for lensfun, but that means itā€™s the case for us as well.

If your lens is supported on that list but there is still distortion or vignetting when it says it should be fixed I can take a look.

The camera, with integral Zeiss lens, is a Sony DSC RX100M6. Can give you the serial number if that is useful.

Lensfun lists it as:

Fixed lens RX100 VI 2.66 yes yes yes

This problem has not been solved. Are you still working on lens correction for the Sony RX1000?

Or has anyone found a way to make it work? I would love to be able to use Photo AI with RAW images.

Many thanks!

I have the same problem with distortion with an Olympus E-M1MarkIII and the lens Lumix G Mario 35-100/f2.8 after using the LR-Plugin, started from File > ā€¦ > Process with Topaz Photo AI.

Please fix it.

Thanks

Gang, it has been months and the uncorrected lens distortion still makes the RAW mode unusable for the Sony RX-100. Are you actually working on this?

Many thanks!