Lady Liberty

Taken in 2009, recently processed in Photoshop with Topaz Adjust and Textures.

Regardless of what current politicians might think, the words at the base of the monument define who we are.

Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!

I am a child of Immigrants

11 Likes

Love the photo and the sentiment!

1 Like

nicely processed

Nicely done …

Excellent, all around.

Beautiful shot!

Good photo and I am very much in agreement with the sentiments. Is there anyone in the world who is not descended from immigrants?

Only Native Americans, and their Ancestors walked here. Immigrants are far too maligned these days; easy targets.

Define “immigrant” - even the Natives arrived from somewhere - wasn’t it a valley in Africa via Europe, Russia and Alaska/Canada?

But going back in time homo sapiens arose first in Africa and moved throughout the world whilst the land masses were linked. So we are all immigrants - except perhaps Africans. When DNA is analysed the vast majority of people have elements of many races. Although my own ancestry goes back in England for as far as I can trace it I have Duyputrens syndrome which proves that I have Viking ancestry. Which is why even your Native Americans were immigrants.

1 Like

Great shot and I really like your processing!

That’s the beautiful lady…you captured her well.

1 Like