JPEG to RAW doesn't fix my image

Hi,

I’ve just bought JPEG to RAW 2.2.1 since I tried the trial version an year ago and it worked extremely well on removing JPEG compression artifacts. However, I was puzzled to see that now it doesn’t seem to remove the JPEG artifacts in on of the images I need cleaned. Please see attached the image I’m trying to get rid of compression artifacts. I tried all slider settings and combinations. Any help is greatly appreciated.

2OR%20OCE%209018%20LP

Another thing I noticed is that it also doesn’t seem to remove banding in skies very well anymore too. On the promotional webpage for JPEG to RAW, there’s a before-after example with a sky. I downloaded this image and tried to replicate the results. Whatever slider combination I tried, I couldn’t make the sky as smooth as in the “after” example image. Please see below.

@renar_visuals no answers given here. Did you ever get any tech support on this? I have had a similar experience.

Hi @sheldon.mclean-33786 ,

No, I haven’t contacted support yet.

Thanks for your response.
I can see vertical streaking artifacting in every image I try. When I pan the original, the result preview shows the artifacts in same place - so I tried turning off the GPU processing - that gave the same result. I’m very disappointed.
Since this is in the ‘Product Technical Support’ forum I thought maybe Topaz would monitor it. I guess not.
–Sheldon.

Hi,
I’ve just bought JPEG to RAW 2.2.1. I tried the earlier trial version a year ago and it worked very well on removing JPEG compression artifacts. However, I am disappointed to see that it doesn’t remove any of the JPEG artifacts in the images I need cleaned in this new version. I tried all slider settings and combinations.
Bill

1 Like

I know this is an old thread, but I’d like to note I have reached out to topaz about the vertical artifact issue as well before. A year later there are still no updates to JPEG to RAW AI, unfortunately. I’m assuming that Topaz has dropped development on this. I hope that a Topaz employee might inform me otherwise!