JPEG to RAW AI - Large shift

I am using the trial version to evaluate the product. When I convert from JPEG to RAW, there seems to be a huge color, tone, and saturation shift. There are also strange red lines on edges to the portrait’s faces. ? It happens consistently. Is this normal

I was using the program last night and didn’t have this problem, now today using the program again, all my jpeg to raw (.tiff/.tif/.dno) files suddenly have a massive color, tone, and saturation shift. I was planning to purchase the whole works at Gigapixel but reconsidering.

Exactly what’s happening in JPEG to RAW AI for me7

Can you go explain what you are actually converting:

• screen shot would be good,
  • then the parameters you ate using for saving the file
  • then the application you are trying to view the output in

It sounds like you are using ProPhotoRGB as the output profile and viewing in a viewer that is not color managed,

My thoughts as well, however when I open the photo in any program the shift still occurs,
such as for example: Cyberlink Powerdirector.

Note: For some reason when I tried to upload photos directly into this forum-post,
the website told me a message that I cannot upload photos.
I’ve used Imgur.com instead for uploading these images.

Here’s a test run of a random photo from google images:
(1) Initial Photo:

(2) JPEG to RAW AI - Program Preview (Note: Everything appears fine)

Oddly enough, when I save as a JPEG for uploading purposes the image normalizes to the color/tone/saturation it’s supposed to be (using standard windows photo viewer). And re-saving as .png also normalizes the photo, however a 16-bit .bmp and .gif does not.

(3) JPEG to RAW AI - Result (Note: color/tone/saturation shift)

Here’s a second run with the same results:

(random image from google images)
(1) Initial Photo

(2) JPEG to RAW AI - Program Preview (Note: Everything appears fine)

(3) JPEG to RAW AI - Result (Note: color/tone/saturation shift)

Saving in JPEG corrects the color shifts as well as 16-bit .bmp and .png,
however .gif preserves these .tif/.tiff results. The only other option within JPEG to RAW AI is to convert to .dng that’s a thumbnail size.

It looks Like your browser isn’t color managed or imgur just assigns srgb to the upload.

As for cyberlink powerdirector i am not aware of it allowing a different icc profile for output.

Please upload one of your output images you believe is causing a problem to s file sharing site and either post the link here or PM me and I’ll check it for you.

Alright AiDon,
MediaFire.com?

(1) Original Image
[http://www.mediafire.com/view/ez1zzoedp6r0vsj/GoogleImage-%232-Original.jpg]

(2) Program Preview
[http://www.mediafire.com/view/z4vu4hulsxtop4t/GoogleImage-%232-Program.jpg]

(3) JPEG to RAW Ai Result
[http://www.mediafire.com/view/us6kwufrudhbjwf/GoogleImage-%232-Original-RAW.tiff]

Is there a recommended photo viewer to use to avoid these issues with color management?

I’m using Chrome Browser and Windows Photo Viewer w/ RTX 2080 Ti and Windows10-Pro fully updated,
however this is now happening with my other programs to view photos including paint. I don’t have Photoshop so haven’t tested much.

It’s odd because I could have sworn this wasn’t happening just last night while using the same programs. Also kind of strange as using DeNoise Ai to convert to .tiff preserves the color/tone/saturation and only JPEG to RAW ai .tiff causes this effect

I just opened it (TIF) in Affinity Photo:

My best advice is that you use sRGB as the output because Photo & Photo Viewer aren’t color managed, and paint I am not sure. For a free application there I would recommend GIMP.

Note that this is the original in Chrome:

There are other apps like xnView and Fastone Image Viewer … or, the best to use as it is also free, is Adobe Bridge.

20200315_153904_015a 20200315_153904_015a-edit%20(2)

The top is the original. Notice the color shift and the weird artifacts in and around the eyes in the bottom (…edit(2))

Please set the preferences to CPU mode:

And then output to TIF, remember to open the result in a color managed application like PS or Affinity Photo etc., if you use ProPhotoRGB as the Profile, to get a proper representation of the color.

20200314_142013_031a 20200314_142013_031a-edit

The same with most photos