Joshua Tree in BW

(Kenneth Kovach) #1

Taken in Joshua Tree National Park, California.

Processed with Topaz Studio BW, Tone Curves (with built in luminosity masking), and Basic Adjustments

14 Likes
(BobKramer) #2

Love the image and the treatment …not sure about having the tree right in the middle of the image though.

(John) #3

Very nice B&W results.

(Kenneth Kovach) #4

Thank you very much for the very nice comments, @BobKramer and @cre8art, I appreciate them very much!

I know some people do not like that. I love Joshua trees and have a lot of photos of them! : )

Here is one taken on the same day, processed in a similar way (the sunset and lens halos are real)

2 Likes
(BobKramer) #5

I like the composition on this one better Ken …

(Peter) #6

Very nice B&W conversion and light.

(Kenneth Kovach) #7

Thank you very much, @BobKramer and @Laundromat, I am glad you like the second image!

(Michigander) #8

Getting in an Ansel A. frame of mind. B&W works really well.

(Kenneth Kovach) #9

Thank you very much for the very nice comment, @Michigander, I love Ansel’s work, too!

(Artisan-West) #10

Ken, I like the development of the first picture and maybe moving it a bit off center might help but its still a good shot. I’ve been to JT a few times but I bet its blazing hot there now, great for a picnic in early spring but I live too far away now.

(Kenneth Kovach) #11

Thank you very much for the feedback, @Artisan-West, I will think about that when I shoot again! It is a great park to visit, but I live pretty far away from California, too.