John (@cre8art) Says Hi

John, you won’t find it on this page because we are already in the middle of a topic. Click on any forum name to find the + sign. For example, click on Showoff Spot Other Cool Photos and you will see the +.

1 Like

ok i wasable to find it, i’m just hoping thet someday i will get to use it again?

3 Likes

You will. :smiley_cat::+1:

1 Like

You must – then we can keep a friendly check on you!!!:grinning:

@cre8art John, I so glade you are posting so continue to get better to a full recovery. I am looking forward to seeing your postings

1 Like

Home you get well real soon John. I love that image.

hi everyone, i truly miss you all so very much. i thought i would try to give you an update on my stroke roveryihope i don’t sound like i’m in the middle of a pity party but sadly to say that unlike flicks great recovery my dark journey trying to recover seems a little more hopeless o meBesides losing most of my hand motor skills, it seems some of the memory has faded too i cannot even come close to what i was able to do before on the computer or remembering how to use studio and all the other topaz productsand just about everting i previously learned or was able to do a far as my eyesight, i did find an eye dr that is pretty darn good…he even invented a special prism lens that he has put into these glasses he made from at first they seemed to work pretty good. but we have quite a bit more eye therapy tests and follow-up visits to actually find out where we are at and how successful we will beat getting my vision back to even something half decent to me its like having a camera with either no lens or a very foggy one… what can you expect from a camera with no lens? again its useless… i would like to apologize again about sounding like such a downer but i feel that if you knew my reality that i now live with i can explain my current situation then maybe you will understand my absence from the forum may be for a very long time?
being part of this forum and having all of you as special friends was my whole life that now only is a wonderful memory tolook back on to try and brighten my days and hopefully keep me looking and moving forward a successful return someday. flick i can only hope that i also can say one day that i can recover s you have. i also wanted to tell you about a book that i found very enjoyable reading and i spiring in my recovery and recommend to everyone read’ my stroke of luck’ by kirk douglas… you can get it from your library, it iswell worth the read even if you haven’t suffered from a strokebut just want to read a feel good booker maybe help someone you may know that would benefit from reading it.
I see i’m starting to just be babbling on s i will close for now and can only hope to have a future update that will be much more positive and filled with good news and who knows…maybe evena piece of my artwork again
there is one favor i would like to ask… i am trying to find one of my posts to make a tee shirtor poster with…to remind me and help e keep the fight in me going…itwas called The boxer. i contacted topaz help center and the said there was no way they could help me find it because they don’t archive our posts but if anyone does come across this image can you please provide a link tothe image.i do keep in contact with ken kv by email so maybe you can pm me or him if you find it, also please feel free to add anything or embellish it in any way to make it better or a more positive messageto remind me not to give up the fight or throw in the towel with my dealing with my current situation… i love and miss you all!!god bless

2 Likes

Here is the link John, and I can only hope you can learn Topaz over again and give us more pleasurable moments with your work, I will also PM Flick and yourself with the link.

2 Likes

Glad you’re well enough to have thought about all of us here at the Topaz Forum!! The great thing about Topaz is that it was fun learning what to do with them the first time around - and without being trite - I’m sure it’ll be fun again. Your art gives you hope - hope for a brighter future for you is what we all hope here in the Forum. I for one cannot wait for you to be posting again. You are in my prayers.

~Jack~

3 Likes

John, great to hear from you again. Love your boxer photo. It should make a very inspiring tee shirt. Keep us posted. :heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like

John - as others have said, it is great to have you back, even though you are facing many more challenges. Your boxer image is very appropriate as often you are fighting with something that you cannot see, but you have to keep slugging away anyway.

Keep in touch, and we look forward to seeing your art - it will probably be different than your previous work, but it will be your art.

Best

1 Like

John, that Boxer image is fabulous, keep up the fight. Get better soon

1 Like

All the best to you, John, you are missed!

A GREAT BIG GIANT THANKYOU DON FOR FINDING THE IMAGE AND PROVING THE LINK AND FOR TAKING THE TIME TO HELP ME. IT REALLY MEANS SO MUCH TO MEbecauseTHE REHABBILITATION HOSPITAL WANTS TO DISPLAY SOME OF MY ARTWORKand i wanted thisimageto be one of them I also appreciate the encouraging words words about relearning my past post processing knowledge and skills so that i may one day be able tp post some images again. these words do add a little light for me to look forward through the journey of my darkened days you havealways provided excellent knowledge and help to me and many others on the forum whenever we needed assistance there are no better people or a forum than the one we all share here in our topaz community and family thank you once again, you have saved me a lot of time and frustration ofme trying to find this on my own

1 Like

THANKS FLICK if the hospital does display some of my artwork. i was hoping other stroke survivors will get the message to keep fighting what ever daily battles they may be facing a well as we say in our stroke survivors group… it is up to us to find ways to help one another.
I will try to keep you guys informed as i hopefully progress with my efforts and recovery i truly do appreciate the prayers, encouraging words, and 7thoughtsthat you could send my way

John, nice to hear from you. I can understand your frustration but you will need a lot of patience and strength to recover. I wish you all the best for this!

1 Like

Hi John - we are all glad to hear from you.

You are a creative person, so even if your eyes are not as good, and even if your computer skills are lacking, and even if your hands won’t move like you wish they would, you still have your heart and soul. So start something very simple, whether it’s a piece of artwork, or some writing, (or whatever!) and work within your limitations. And I know you will come to that creative place that is you. And that will inspire you to keep doing it. Like you always did.

BTW, I always wondered… are you an upstate New York guy? Many of your images struck me as being from various New York state locations.

1 Like

Keeping you in my prayers and wishing you a really good and speedy recovery. Be well, John.

2 Likes

HI Michael thanks for the inspiring thoughts and comments… they did provide me with a very nice positive boost toady after reading them. i want everybody to know thAT I miss you all very very much!!!AND MORE! I HAVE RECOVEREd PHYSIACALLY muchBETTER, BUT STIL neeD MoRE ThERAPY ON MY HANDS AND EYES, BUT HEY, I GETTING THERE ,MAYBE SLOWLY BUT MOVING FORWARD., UNFORTUNATELEY I’ STILL NOT UP TO SPEED WOTH TYPINg AND USUNG PSand TOPAZ PRODUCTS QUITE YET

YES I AM FROM THE HUDSON VALLEY IN NY I LIVE NEAR theWEST POINTAREA
I WANT EVERYONE TO KNOW THAT I DO TRY TO VIEW AND RESPOND TO ANY CURRENT POSTSlike I Used to i BUT STILL HAVEseveral DIFFICUKTIES DOING SO

5 Likes

Hey John - GREAT to hear from you and GREAT to hear that you’re getting better. I’m sure it’s frustrating to not be moving along quickly, but big mountains take a long time to conquer.

Regarding your location, well, I knew your images had a familiar look - I grew up right near there in Mohegan Lake. Went to Lakeland HS and I know the West Point area well. That road leading to the Bear Mountain Bridge has some of the most beautiful views you can find anywhere!

So please keep in touch and let us know how you are progressing. You have a lot of friends here that are rooting for you.

1 Like