Instantly Render a Preview Frame

Please add an option to instantly display changes to the parameters in the Preview window instead of pressing the “Preview” button to generate a short clip. Most of the time, I only need to see a single image, not a video clip. I frequently find myself canceling previews right after viewing the first frame.

In many (most?) other applications, adjustments made to the parameters will instantly be applied to the project media, or will instantly display in the preview window. Again, I don’t need to generate an entire clip to see a single frame. I would like the ability for my adjustments to seen in real-time.

May be…

“SHOW” button is needed - frame display speed Preview depends on system PC power - this “SHOW” function must always be disabled and only when pressed to work

and when clicked, it should not process the whole file, but only the frame that is selected

button “SHOW” - should show FINISH/OUTPUT frame

PS
Trim function - inconvenient

because there is no support for up and down arrows and also the display of numbers “hh:mm:ss:msms” is too small

and when you upload a large file and want to cut it out, then it starts to work slowly and freezes

By the way

Live “Preview” feature is good - but this feature puts a lot of stress on the system
do not forget - only in your laboratory TOP PC system

while ordinary consumers - in your clients - do not have the most modern PC - most use “weak” laptops and smartphones / tablets

PS
it was a long time ago
I don’t remember anymore

1 application - at the 1st installation, checked for compatibility of functions.

after verification, it reported that these functions would not be installed and would work differently.

You can render a preview and then hit pause. This will show you a single frame by which you can compare the input and output.

I know this but I’d rather have the live preview update, say once per second maximum, while I fine-tune the Manual settings on Iris model. This is the sort of thing that would save time for high-end CPU users as well as low-end.

Instead, I have to spend literally hours trialling various output combinations at different fine-tune settings, performing A/B comparisons outside Topaz. You may ask: Why not use preview setting to export 1-second clips etc? The answer is: My comparisons occur at (say) 5 different frames within a 90-second clip. These are the 5 best frames with which to compare the output, and I’m not prepared to bet that if I made a test video with 5 frames in 1 second, that it would be untainted. But mainly I’d still be waiting for 50 exports of a “Preview” 1 second video, and actually I’d have to run 10, then decide what the next 10 settings are, then the next 10, etc.

No, what I should be doing is going to one frame in the Input interface and seeing the “live” changes as I move the sliders. I’ll do a ton of experiments in about 3 minutes. And then I’ll go to the next frame posing a challenge to the settings, and spend another 3 minutes there. No exports, no “Preview” exports. Just tinkering. Then after 30 minutes I’ll know the perfect settings for Manual, and I’ll do just one 90-second export. Fantastic.

1 Like

@ida.topazlabs Did the preview demonstration we saw last week, actually offer this? I found it a bit confusing whether there was a new feature (maybe this one) or just the same features arranged differently in a new UI.

Hi Christian! I am very out of the loop about the current status of Video AI as I am now in a different role. I will defer to @tony.topazlabs on this!