Incredibly Slow Performance

Look! There have been SO many posts about how the software is super slow now… It’s virtually un-usable. I’m about to demand a refund if they don’t fix this! WHY is Photo AI behaving SOOO SLOOOOW on a top of the line MacBook Pro???

1 Like

And what is you system specifications?

MacBook Pro M2 Max
96GB
Sonoma 14.0

Hmm, I guess there’s something wrong with your install then.
TPAI (in contrary to TVAI) is in fact quite fast on Apple Silicon CPUs when compared to Windows systems (here M1 Pro and M2 Ultra vs. i7 13700/RTX4060).

What operation is slow and what exactly do you mean by slow, how long does it take?

I have the same MacBook Pro 2. I had just updated to Sonoma 14.2.1 and now Topaz Photo AI is virtually unusable. It takes one minute to open an image and processing takes another minute or two to respond. Before the update, it takes me seconds to bring up an image and to process. Anyone else reporting this?

Follow the instructions below to perform a clean install to troubleshoot better why you had this problem with Topaz Photo AI:

Start by clearing any previous plist files that are on your computer for Topaz Photo AI by following the steps in the link below:

Topaz Photo AI | plist Files Mac

After you have done this, disable any antivirus, firewall, VPN, or proxy software that might be active on your computer. These tools are sometimes known to interfere with the installer’s ability to download the model files.

Please also ensure that the Topaz Photo AI installer has all the proper settings in your system by going to your Mac System Settings > Privacy & Security tab and scrolling down to the security section. You will want to make sure you have 'App Store and identified developers ’ selected. Here is a video example:

Example of Proper System Preferences

Finally, rerun the installer. You can download a new installer from the downloads page directly :

Topaz Labs Download Page

1 Like

Hi John,

This worked. Thank you!

Lino

2 Likes

I second that. I just recently forked over 99 bucks to upgrade to v2.4.1, and now it’s like running molassis. Aweful

Well, I’m on a maxed out M1 MacBook Pro, and I don’t think there is anything wrong with my install. There is something wrong with the latest version of your software

1 Like

Please try following the instructions below to fix this issue:

Topaz Photo AI Freezes on Importing Image (Mac)