In Mac OS Golden Gate the Topaz Video crashes

After upgrade of Mac to the Golden Gate OS, the Topaz Video crashes every time I switch the monitor to another computer. After I switch back to mac, the GUI is crashed, the ffmpeg process still remains working and has to be killed manually.

This behavior is repeatable.

I have experienced this a lot as I was testing macOS beta versions. My current solution is to remove the audio from the video file, then Video AI does not crash. After processing, I add the audio back in.

The crash appears to be associated with a racing condition in the mpv library (this is as far as I can go, need the Topaz team to provide more insights)

Please let me know if you need some ffmpeg examples to perform this task.

Hope this helps!

Dom

P.S. I also export to PNG files so I can resume processing without losing anything. I have also written some scripts to monitor progress and perform backups in real-time

I just updated Topaz Video and before that to macOS Golden Gate 27. Application crashed trying to open twice and then crashed trying to upscale 2-minute video to 4K twice. Crash whether or not on computer or being charged for tokens in Cloud. Solutions?

Can you send the logs and crash reports to the support team for review into this situation? help@topazlabs.com

To gather logs, please select Help > Logging > Get Logs for Support and attach the zip file to your reply.

Here is a video to help with the steps of how to collect the logs.

Yes, I can confirm it is this issue. When the input file has no audio all works fine.
Curious, that before the Golden Gate problem did not manifest.

Well it is a bug then and as Topaz it is not a free software, I am awaiting a fix.

I just tried Topaz Video 1.7.0 as a demo on my M5 Max and it crashed as the video was finishing.

I’d like to buy Topaz Video, but I’m waiting until it actually works on macOS 27.

By the way, on Jul 29 I have submitted to Topaz another bug. When upscaling some files with rhea on Windows the process of upscaling fails just at the start. On Jul 30 I have got a reply from helpdesk to apply a workaround, to not use the automatic advanced tuning, but select a manual one and then click the ‘estimate’ button. It is ok with couple of files, but it is not a solution when 100+ files need to be processed.

The helpdesk wrote ‘I’ve passed this info along to our team and also created a bug report for Rhea on auto for our team to look into fixing!’… over two months have passed and the bug has not been fixed.

The new Mac Studios will start arriving next week with MacOS 27 installed. They need to have it working soon.

I have been trying Topaz version 1.7.1 with OS 27. Constantly crashes while using Starlight precise or Starlight Mini. The only way I have been able to get an extended run is to disable the energy saving setting that turns off the monitor. I also have to leave the topaz app running on the screen rather than minimizing it to the bottom bar.

Can you try removing the audio stream from your video? I have been experiencing this for months and found this was effective.