Important Product line suggestion- usability

This is a suggestion to a complaint I’ve seen in different places on the web. I’m not the only one…

It would make the programs much faster (x 10 with frequent users) if there was a small gadget next to all sliders in every filter that enabled one to click a small up or down arrow in order to increase or decrease the effect by one for each click. For reference, check DXO or Nikon Capture NX-D.

This would increase the usability and I believe the sales as well. Especially for people who are older who’s hands are not steady. Even for those with steady hands it takes several tries to get to the exact # you want, and entering the number by hand in the boxes over and over is extremely frustrating and time consuming. It puts a real damper on the products being fun- which they really are. I imagine some people download the trials and don’t go further because of this…

Another suggestion is to let the default save parameters in FX be changed in settings. Especially for TFF. I haven’t used Studio enough to be able to see if that’s possible.

I realize you guys are super busy right now, and I love your filters- they are the best I’ve used! But I think this is not a small usability issue with your product line.

1 Like

Don’t need a ‘gadget’ just use the up/down arrows when the value is highlighted or the slider knob has been clicked on . (But I don’t believe this is implemented in photoFXlab)

What would you like to be able to change, the standard options for TIFF would include “Compression”, “Bit Depth” and “Color Space”? And, in photoFXlab’s case, it also allows you to save a Alpha Channel.

[quote=“AiDon, post:2, topic:803”]
Don’t need a ‘gadget’ just use the up/down arrows when the value is highlighted or the slider knob has been clicked on . (But I don’t believe this is implemented in photoFXlab)

Well what do you know! I learned something too.

2 Likes

Thank you, I had no idea. Don’t have enough time right this second to check it on all the filters, but I will. That would solve it for me, but I think Topaz would be better off on sales to have the gadget there & visible. In DXO it takes a fraction of a second to figure out. Most people don’t have time these days to read manuals. Anything simple that saves time I would imagine would increase sales.

_Another suggestion is to let the default save parameters in FX be changed in settings. Especially for TFF. I haven't used Studio enough to be able to see if that's possible._

What would you like to be able to change, the standard options for TIFF would include “Compression”, “Bit Depth” and “Color Space”? And, in photoFXlab’s case, it also allows you to save a Alpha Channel.

It would be nice, for me, to change the default settings on compression to “none” and deselect “save alpha channel”. others might have different selections. Also, to change default on jpgs to no “optimization”. i don’t see any options to change default settings on that. Which means one has to change parameters each and every time one saves as tff.

BTW, Fussy people may or may not be the biggest consumers of these products, but believe me, they are the ones recommending these to all sorts of people on forums as quality products. Thank goodness you guys are geared towards fussy photographers. Gadgets or no gadgets I hope it always stays that way.

Me too !

2 Likes

Like Larry and ellemat2 I also learned something valuable. Thank you.

2 Likes