I Must Go Down to the Sea Again

The background is something I created in Painter. It felt like fog to me so I wanted the image to be soft. Used Impression (Cezanne II) and then added the grunge elements and text. Redid the original because I agreed with @Kathy_9 about the depth of black behind the boat.

12 Likes

Excellent work …great looking image.

2 Likes

I must go down to the sea again,
To the sunny beach and sky.
I left my vest and pants down there,
I wonder if they’re dry.

Spike Milligan

Love the photo.

3 Likes

:grinning: l can go with that.

Very nice image with creative treatment. Definitely in the fog.

1 Like

Very nice. Not sure about that dark area at the rear of the boat

2 Likes

Is this the same Bob Kramer that I know from flickr? Hey Bob, can you answer a question for me? Thinking about buying this thing called Studio which I now understand includes Clarity (I have some Topaz Plug-in but not Clarity). If I do buy and install this Topaz Studio thing this won’t wipe out the Topaz plug-ins I already have, will it? I use Adobe CS6 suite on a fairly new iMac (mid 2015) with 24 GB RAM. This should run smoothly and fast I hope.

Roger (The) Appleman

1 Like

Great result …

1 Like

Hi Roger, yeah, it’s me …I don’t use Studio but I don’t think it removes any of your plug-ins.Hope to see you posting here in the future.

1 Like

I agree. It had gotten darker over the course of multiple layers and I didn’t catch. Thanks. I reloaded the image.

1 Like

@Klaidlaw and @Kathy_9 - great image!
@Mond - thanks for making me chuckle

1 Like

Well done!

1 Like

This is so good because of the background.

It is to me, sitting at the dock and sailing into the unknown, only by a compass and dreams.

It is a beautiful piece and very well post processed.

I absolutely love this and could see it enlarged on any wall from anyone who has experience with the sea.

The text adds romance.

Completely love your piece Klaidlaw.

“Going into the Unknown” was what I though of as a title, but but is just me. I always think of a title on any photograph I see.

1 Like

Seriously, so something with this, because I cannot stop looking at it.

Your work is something special, Mate.

1 Like

I’m going to print it on canvas and give it to the owner of the fishing boat. Hopefully he will appreciate it as much as you do. Thanks for your awesome comment, Seabreeze.

2 Likes

What a nice thing to do. I reckon he will love it.

1 Like