How to load Avisynth scripts into TVEAI

I tried to reproduce the results, but, as expected, this is not so easy. In fact, all samples I retried didn’t have the glitches., with Preview on or off. Even if it’s caused by Preview seeking while TVAI is processing, it’s sheer impossible to reproduce a Preview at the exact same milisecond. All I know is that this isn’t occuring without AVFS.

I realize, potentially, that it could also be LibavSMASHSource (which I use for .mov postprocessing with x265) :

import vapoursynth as vs

core = vs.core
core.max_cache_size = 65535

vid = core.lsmas.LibavSMASHSource(r'e:\veai\eva.mov')
vid = core.resize.Point(vid, format = vs.YUV420P10)
vid = core.std.CropRel (clip=vid, left=0, right=0, top=266, bottom=266)
vid = core.neo_f3kdb.Deband (vid, preset="veryhigh", dither_algo=2)
vid = core.std.AddBorders (clip=vid, left=0, right=0, top=266, bottom=266)
vid = core.sub.ImageFile (clip=vid, file=r'i:\hires\eva.sup', blend=True)

vid.set_output ()

I doubt it, tbh; but I will investigate this too.

I doubt that too. Never had problems with source filters.
However for frame accurate seek it’s better to create a cache file of the source.
You can read more here… LSMASHSource/LWLibavVideoSource - Avisynth wiki

The other way you can use Avisynth/Vaporsynth scripts in VEAI is with avs2pipemod64 but only works with the CLi

1 Like

I just redid the 2010 and EVA movie, without AVFS, and these jumps no longer occured. Still not sure why these glitches are happening. Sometimes Preview jumps back to a previous point, as if the seeking to a new position failed. Maybe that’s when it happens in combination with AVFS.

Thanks for your input. This version does in fact get me an avi file that can be loaded into Video AI. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good to know :+1:
You’re welcome

Thank you so much for this! This was the biggest bummer and had kept me from renewing my license past v2.