How Do You Feel About Reposting Images?

I’m curious how people feel about reposting images due to the loss of everything in the forum. Part of me says that we should repost as there are many new members that have not seen older posts, while another part of me says that would overload the system and senses, Should there be a category, or a set of categories, for reposting?

1 Like

I think that it is fine to repost them - just not all at once!!! :smile:

And I am not sure it would help to be in a separate category.

1 Like

We do not have the same storage limitations as before, so post away! Also, I bumped the maximum up from 4mb to 6mb. I may up that to 8mb if 6mb works for a while.

I thought that it was only me that lost everything from a drive!

2 Likes

I think that we as members should have some type of control to upload our old posts to our Stats categories?
Maybe Topaz can create an archives category in the Stats category area or create it somewhere else on this page for us to upload our past image posts?

This way if someone does have further interest in our other images they can find them here?

Seems like a lot of work to dig up old images and post them. Also I am pretty good at remembering what I did on recent ones but I have never really kept a log. Recently people seem to be more interested in how really unique shots were processed so I pay more attention to it. I plan on just posting new stuff that I like and keep the ones I don’t like so much to my self.

2 Likes

I wont be reposting anything from the past . I never knew what happened to this site . All I knew is when I tried to visit I got some error reports and this is the first time in over a week I been back on . I even emailed support and sent a screen print of the action I got and asked if the site was down . It was so weird I got a reply ok but saying if I was having a problem with Studio to contact support . My email had nothing to do with Studio , I’m not an owner of Studio and don’t care to be part of that section . Besides I do very little imaging and editing anymore so mainly I just visit now and look at what members have posted .

1 Like

Personally I think there should be galleries with categories, rather than individuals creating separate posts for each image they want to show. I’m more likely to go in and favourite/comment if they were in galleries. Navigation to each individual post is a pain.

As to reposting. I can’t remember what I have submitted over the years so I am starting afresh.

2 Likes

I won’t post anything I’ve done in the past although I might rework a favorite original image now and then. I don’t see this site as a repository or gallery of what’s been done other than the seeing the results of how creatively the products have been used and spark my own imagination. I know there are a few members who continually do just that.

2 Likes

There are galleries here:

http://gallery.topazlabs.com/

1 Like

@AiDon that is off site at SmugMug If as @JoeFedric-TL says in his post http://discuss.topazlabs.com/t/topaz-discussion-forums-restored/53 that they now have more space for upload couldn’t the galleries be brought in from SmugMug and hosted on the Topaz Forums.

I suppose only Joe could answer that one.

1 Like

Fortunately most of my Topaz post images are in a separate file made exclusively for the purpose so finding about 90% would be easy — now spending time actually doing it ---- a different matter

1 Like

For the most part, traffic to the forum for the purpose of viewing images is limited. Over time, the names of people who regularly contribute by posting or uploading images become familiar. Most people drop in when they newly acquire an app, have a problem that they need an answer to, want a helpful critique or get in on the ground floor when a beta is announced. In many cases, I can look at an image by a regular and know just who created it without looking for their name. When I want to display an image to a large audience or share it, there are places better suited.

2 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: Showcasing Yorkshire Exhibition

I too would like to see some of the old images.
How about creating a category on the site called OLD FORUM IMAGES (or something like that).
And each person that wants to post old images could create a topic with their name.
That way we could peruse old images for each poster consolidated into one easy to view topic. And it would allow each person to add their old images whenever they want.
Who wouldn’t want to see (for example) some of Bob Kramer’s fantastic images that he posted in the previous forum?
And there are so many great creators here… it would certainly seem to add to the site and be a showcase for Topaz as well.

4 Likes

:)…You’ve mentioned Bob Kramer’s images…and I agree that they are unique and worth revisiting. I also enjoy Tennie’s animals and Shazzy comes up with some incredible and imaginative images as do a few others.

1 Like

EXCELLENT IDEA

1 Like

I came across this post again and thought it would also be interesting to see some of the older post images with some of the new Studio adjustments added to them? It would also allow some of us to see how our processing has changed or improved over time?

1 Like

@JoeFedric-TL
Could we have a forum category for re-posts which have been re-processed. I think @cre8art has an excellent idea here to re-post since we lost the earlier editions AND this would give folk an opportunity to re-think their PP in Studio and/or other methods

2 Likes

A compelling argument for a new forum category.

2 Likes