A few VERY useful aspects of the histogram in LightRoom are:
- The little triangles that indicate highlight and shadow clipping.
- The related clipping colors directly on the image.
- The primary area of the histogram affected by a given slider is highlighted when using or hovering over that slider.
Exposure mostly affects the middle
Highlights mostly affects the portion between exposure and whites.
- You can also click and drag directly on the histogram to adjust any of the 5 zones - blacks, shadows, exposure, highlights, whites.
- The colors are also a bit toned down which makes the histogram a bit easier on the eyes
It would be great if any or all of these features could be integrated into Topaz Studio and plug-ins that have histograms.