Hawk Swooping At Me

I have been following some baby Swainson Hawks all summer. Apparently Mama Hawk didn’t want me around today and swooped suddenly at me, swerving to miss me at the last second ( yup, I was scared). I brought the RAW image into TS1 for the most flexibility in post processing. Used AI Clear, Precision Detail and Precision Contrast.

17 Likes

Nice. To me, you got the feel of that fright in the image; she’s looking right at me. :anguished:

I like how you got the other one framed in her wings.

1 Like

Thanks ScottO. I also like how the baby is in the image, but believe me, it was luck and not framing. It all happened so fast.

Wow, great shot. Now get one of a bear that’s charging you. :worried:

2 Likes

Artisan-West, I’m game as long as you run slower than me…

2 Likes

Excellent capture and very funny discussion

1 Like

I like to think of it as preparation and practice helps create one’s own luck. :slightly_smiling_face: It’s luck or chance when the time comes, but you were ready and able when it did come. :+1:

Just Wow !

Thanks ScottO for your kind words. We make our own luck, so to speak.

Thanks Pierre! I have had so much fun this summer following the baby chicks. I am becoming a wildlife fan.

Thanks Kenneth. Want to go bear hunting too?

1 Like

Don’t mess with Mama! Great action shot.

1 Like

Jacki, Hell hath no fury like a mother hawk at the paparazzi !!! Thanks for the kind words.

1 Like

What a great image, Susan! Mom really makes one scary with her focused eyes on the ‘enemy’

1 Like

Thanks Peter! I was definitely scared. I haven’t moved so fast out of her way in a very long time.

1 Like

Spectacular - I’m impressed that you ‘held your nerve’ long enough to capture this great image - thanks for sharing it and the story :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks boeckli! I think it was more luck than nerve, but glad I got the picture

Wow, fabulous shot.

1 Like

Thank you ricci for your kind words.

Killer shot! Well done!

1 Like