GPU upgrade recommendations

I also have a windows system with i7 13700 and 4060 8GB GPU and TPAI does run reasonably well there.
Remove tool is slow (about 2 mins iirc) - otherwise it’s quite useable even on larger images.

Although the MacBook with M1 Pro is considerably faster.

Sounds like GPU vram full, the gpu will then use system ram.

With my Quadro RTX 5000, from 2018, same performance as 2080, 3060ti, 4060, it does take seconds, 12 after first start, 7 after its loaded and denoising is ja joke, but it has 16 GB vram.

Thats why i say, buy the one with more vram.

Speed is Cheap, Vram is expensive!

It is just the remove tool that is really slow. Topaz said that would be speeded up soon.

I hardly use the remove tool, so spending £200 extra on a 16gb gpu is not worth it, for me.

How did you get the GPU to use CPU ram? I looked at the AMD gpu software but didn’t find a setting for that. I have 32 g of system RAM, so it might help to share it with the GPU you.

Remove tool? Which software is that in?

The GPU Vram usage here was 7.1 GB, with 8 GB you have just 900mb left until you get stutters or out of memory messages.

I don’t know if the gaming GPUs do the same, but when the vram is full I don’t get an error but the perfromance just collapses and starts to stutter until I make up space.

With my Nvidia GPU (16GB) i can fill up the vram realy fast, but at the moment i use my Radeon PRO W6800 with 32GB Vram and its realy hard to fill up full.

Photo AI.

Think you are asking the wrong person. I never said that.

But if you use up all the VRAM then it will use the CPU RAM?