Gpixel 7 Printer Issue crashes Photoshop 25.4

When I try and open Gigapixel 7 from inside the latest Photoshop update, I get the following errors before Photoshop crashes and shuts down.
Screenshot 2024-01-24 200220
Screenshot 2024-01-24 200124

Can you tell me a little more about your workflow that caused this conflict? Were you simply invoked Gigapixel from Photoshop?

Yes. I was inside of Photoshop with an image I just loaded and clicked on Automate and then Topaz Gigapixel and got that error. It does it every time so this is not a one time thing.

Doug Hess, Jr.

If this error is coming from Adobe Photoshop, I’d advise reaching out to there support team.

I also get this error as a result of upgrading to Gigapixel AI 7. I am using Windows 11. Photoshop has never given me this error before, only when I upgraded Gigapixel. I don’t think it is a Photoshop error. I would like for Topaz to revisit this issue.

1 Like

Thank you for letting us know. I’ll be sure to raise this to our team for further investigation. If you wouldn’t mind, can you tell me about the process that causes this conflict? Is it with every image? If it’s not with every image, can you tell me what file format and camera was used for the image causing the issue?

The error message has something to do with the printer connection. If you just wait long enough, I have found this error message goes away and you can then use Gigapixel all OK. However I cured my problem by uninstalling the network printer, then re-installing the printer.

If I received that error by running File>Automate>Gigapixel AI and tried to close that error dialog box, Photoshop would crash. If you just wait, that error dialog box goes away and everything works as it should.

1 Like