Gigapixel v5.4.5

No, its ok with your own images.

A 3080 did come out @ the same speed as my RTX 5000.

I crash on Windows Wnen Compairing and Zoom to fit. Desktop Windows rx480 8 gig

Great!!! The error when closing the Gigapixel AI in 5.4.3 is gone, even though I didn’t have an outdated version of Windows, I have the latest build 10 Pro20H2 19042.746.
Processed a few RAW files well. Thanks!

1 Like

Colorspace still seems to be off. Saved images have a different color than original.

I cannot install GAI 5.4.3.

I keep getting an error message saying I must 1st close GAI to install this release. My GAI was not and is not open.

How do I deal with this? Or, is it a sign I shouldn’t force the issue and should stay with 5.4.1? :wink:

Fotomaker_GAI543-WillNOTInstall_GetThisMsg-GAINotOpened

FYI, I just updated GAI to 5.4.3 on my Mac running Mojave. Now, the app will not quit, normally, at least. When I click “Quit” nothing happens for the first 20-30 seconds or so, then the beach ball starts to spin and eventually the app disappears and I get the message box that Gigapixel AI quit unexpectedly. This happens every time I try to quit the app normally. This did not happen with prior versions.

Please raise a support request at the main website and include your system specs and the logs generated.

The download does not work for macOS.

Fixes

• Fix crash on closing on certain MacOS versions, and older versions of Windows

I asked the user to raise a support request because this issue was supposed to be fixed in 5.4.3 
 please make sure you read the release notes before commenting.

Hi just like to say a big thank you, after downloading the latest update the other day. It looks like you fixed the problems I was having and it’s much appreciated.

Keep up the good work, and many thanks again.

Regards

Paul :smiley:

Translated from French by google

Hello,

I downloaded the trial version of GIGAPIXEL AI but the program does not launch, I have a window with a fox for a moment then it closes.
I have tried on another less powerful PC and it works.
So I’m assuming it’s because Windows on my PC is running in a virtual machine with Oracle. My main system is Debian.
Do you know this fault and what can I do?

Thank you

It isn’t a fault as Unix/Linux is not supported. There are issues with the way GPU’s etc., are used.

You can try Wine 6.0 and see if it can run in that environment.

1 Like

Hello Taylor,

FYI: V5.4.3 crashed on Quit on MacOS 10.13.6.

Thank you.

For me the file dialogs move in super slow motion in 5.4.3. This problem was introduced in 5.3.0 and I thought it had been fixed in 5.3.1.

gp

Hey guys, haven’t been able to use any version of Gigapixel (standalone or otherwise) for going on 3 weeks now. I’ve tried the full delete\registry clean method several times, made sure Windows was up to date, tried rolling back to versions I know were working fine in December, but every single time the app only loads just enough to see the account login prompt before crashing. Won’t even stay open long enough for me to have any logs to send you. Not sure what to do here.

Solution: change compatibility mode of the Gigapixel .EXE to “Windows 8”

Please don’t post links to your personal support requests, also the only answer to your question will come from support as this is a user to user forum.

Can you please post your technical environment:

• OS and version, for Windows just type winver in the search box.
  • GPU being used and driver version.

Hiya Don,

Support got me to the right solution (momentary or not I’ll take it). Turns out all I had to do was set the compatibility mode for Windows 8 in Gigapixel’s .EXE file.

Cheers

1 Like

Gigapixel is going downhill, VEAI is much faster than gigapixel, and the quality is constantly improving. Many versions of gigapixel have been updated, and all models bring varying degrees of dirt noise, which has not been improved so far.

It is worth mentioning that although VEAI is used for video processing, it can also be used as a single frame image for magnification purposes.