Gigapixel v5.3.2

My Imac is a late 2009 supported up to High Sierra

Go for High Sierra, it actually got a security update the other day! Also use Firefox/Chrome/similar since you can keep those completely up to date. Safari is tied to the OS and updates will end when the OS is topped out.

I have to check. not sure that all my softs are compatible

OK good, though that is not a major jump, so you’ll probably be OK.

In reverse, there is the case where Apple releases new software updates where you HAVE to update the OS to use them! Some of their latest titles now require Big Sur (ARD, Garage Band at least).

I’ve got a spare 2008 17" MacBook Pro that I run Mojave on using the Dosdude patcher method (please Google). I’ve even played with Gigapixel on it! Actually works (slowly…). So if you’re geeky that is an option for your iMac.

I kept trying to guess which phrase would come up next! Easily intrigued, much?! :joy: If I was smart I’d have turned it into a drinking game…

your reply is exciting and that’s great news, yes! looking forward to this big update! thanks bro. :smiley_cat:

Gigapixel + TS2/TS1(and PS for layers) is a great combo. @taylor.bishop please ask the team to consider getting back to the creative app development.

2 Likes

We do custom printed mural we often need final picutres that are over the 32000px. I was told it’s was on the list to ‘‘unlock’’ the limit. Do you know when it will be available?

1 Like

HEADS UP FOLKS!!! If your Mac won’t update to Gigapixel 5.3 from 5.2. Here is something to check.

Norton Security updated their app for the Mac to version 8.6 the day Big Sur was released. It appears that the Topaz installer and Norton do not like each other because when I turned off all Norton functionality, the app installed properly!

Please be advised that I have installed other apps since I installed Big Sur and have had zero issues.

Hope this helps someone.

In my config, GPU mode has best quality and fastest upscaling. CPU and VINO has lower quality and slowest upscaling.

In the release notes is this:
“GPU has artifacting that CPU processing does not. A fix should be released for this in the next version.”

Does that mean we should always run in the CPU mode disregarding whatever video card we may have?

The counter in the top right is incorrect since it starts at 0 while processing the first image in a batch.
The neuro-joke tires after a bit too.

1 Like

What is TS2/TS1 ?

My configuration: Windows 10 Workstation 20H2, Quadro P5000, Xeon.
GPU mode is always accompanied by dull pinstripes, over-sharpened details, and occasional pattern-like patchy noise (often for low-quality photos).

Topaz Studio 1 & 2

1 Like

In GPU Mode only 2x works correct.

GPU artifact is known for long time, when using maximum quality AI models, you can see line or grid pattern in hair, etc. Some images are more visible to the artifact but some are less visible. If you are happy with the result, you can ignore it.

The bug is there since the V4.0.0 (2019 March), it seem to be a tricky bug, developer notice it for long time, however after 20 months the bug is still there. Hopefully, they can fix it soon.

In my computer, GPU artifact occur when scale larger than 2.4x.
At 2.4x or below, no artifact. If I increase 1px more than 2.4x, artifact appear.
So, when you want to scale more, you better use CPU or Open VINO for better image quality, or you can process the image twice or more with GPU.

1 Like

Excellent news! I’ve never used GPU processing due to the band/line artifacts it produces. I hope this is finally fixed.

Yep, Fotomaker is correct I was referring to the Topaz Studio apps. Sorry for the confusion :slight_smile:

GP AI will not process a photo that has a ? in its name. I removed the ? and the image then processed.