Gigapixel v5.1.6

Because the same application is used for standalone and plugin therefore the architecture is designed that way. You can try raising a support request at the main website asking for this to be changed to suit your workflow.

What type of image are you trying to send to GigaPixel? For example i would like to know the type of image 
 Jpeg, png etc and the bit depth and ICC profile, should be sRGB, AdobeRGB etc.

2020-09-24_063159
standard .jpg, rgb see attachment.

As the color profile is untagged and “Untagged RGB” isn’t just another color space but the lack of one please allocate a RGB profile and try again, I believe it is a issue because there is no profile with the image.

You will need to view the profile you are going to assign, you cannot convert, through Edit-> Assign Profile but there is really only a choice of the RGB profiles, just choose the one that looks best. Probably sRGB.

1 Like

Don,

Thank you for the help. That did the trick!

1 Like

Glad there’s a workaround! I’ll definitely make sure to fix this in an upcoming release, to be more explicit that that’s the step that needs to be taken at the least.

1 Like

Taylor please fix this awful red stripes for 4x, 6x, custom upscaling on some jpg and gpu acceleration. Only 2x works correct.

Please post the before and after pictures here.

I’ll need your graphics info as well, which you can get from Help → Graphics Info → Copy, then paste that here. I’ll also need the processing parameters you’re using (GPU vs CPU, OpenVINO on / off, Graphics Memory Consumption, and whether you’re using the maximum quality AI models or not).

I upload example wallpaper to this link:

https://www.dropbox.com/request/n6Dpn4JzhpK6S77JU2Sd

A lot people has this bug when GPU is enabled, but in my config 2x has works correct, only 4x, 6x and custom has red stripes bug. I tested stable and beta driver and this bug is sitll existe.

PC:

Application & Version: Topaz Gigapixel AI Version 5.1.6

Operating System: Windows 10 (10.0)

Graphics Hardware: GeForce RTX 2080 Ti/PCIe/SSE2

OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 460.20

CPU RAM: 16320 MB

Video RAM: 11264 MB

Preview Limit: 8000 Pixels

i7 9700KF + 16GB DDR4 3733CL14 + Windows 10 on NVME SSD.

GPU on: red stripes bug.
GPU off: works correct.
OpenVINO on: works correct.
CPU on: works correct.
Maximum AI on: works correct.
Maximum AI off: works correct.

Memory GPU High, Medium, Low: It doesn’t change anything.

1 Like

Your dropbox doesn’t show any file.

It’s not his Dropbox, it’s one of the Topaz dev’s, I believe. You have to upload examples of certain GAI issues there. There seem to be three:

1 Like

Because this link dropbox.com/request/n6Dpn4JzhpK6S77JU2Sd is only to upload “photo bugs” and access to file has only N. Bishop.

Strange, all red stripes bug in GPU mode they are with hair in the photo.

PS: Sorry but english is not my native language

2 Likes

Hi. I also uploaded you an example. But basically: if it has hair - it probably has red lines (besides 2x)

Thanks all - this is a nasty bug so will take some time to fix, but I’ve got this on the roadmap for right after our next major update (mid October).

Is Gigapixel AI supports RTX 30series GPU now?

I believe it always has.

I agree, the lack of colour space info on images makes app crash. Once i switch color space and try again it works as it should. Thanks for your help Nick

Glad to have been of help. I’ve found it useful to allow Photoshop to prompt for a colour space each time an image without a defined colour space is opened. This option can be found in Color Settings under the Edit menu in Photoshop for Windows.

perfect, thank you Nick