Allowed graphics memory consumption is set to medium;

Application & Version: Topaz Gigapixel AI Version 5.1.6

Operating System: Windows 10 (10.0)

Graphics Hardware: GeForce GTX 980 Ti/PCIe/SSE2

OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 452.06

CPU RAM: 65411 MB

Video RAM: 6144 MB

Preview Limit: 7995 Pixels

Expressing frustration in a harmless fashion is also important feedback. He wasnā€™t being unreasonable in what he said. I have to give you kudos though, for not deleting his post.

1 Like

Can you try setting processing to CPU / OpenVINO to see if that works.

Iā€™m sorry AiDon, but as @johnnystar said, it is frustrating.

Hereā€™s the original image:

Parameters:

Save settings:

Graphics Info:
Application & Version: Topaz Gigapixel AI Version 5.1.6
Operating System: Windows 7 SP 1 (6.1)
Graphics Hardware: GeForce GTX 780/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 431.60
CPU RAM: 40943 MB
Video RAM: 3072 MB
Preview Limit: 5157 Pixels

For what itā€™s worth @rayinsanmiguel stated he tested it and got the same results:

Neither setting made any difference, Iā€™m running a Threadripper CPU. Everything was working fine in 5.1.5 until I updated to 5.1.6 last night. Going to try reinstalling Photoshop and GigaPixel againā€¦

ā€¦Reinstalled Photoshop and Gigapixel but still have the same issue.

glitchbob.rebootrevi
I ran a few tests on your original image.
First I was able to replicate the issue with a wide variety of settings.
Then I tried to crop down to just the Blue area to see if the red was being assumed from the AI looking at the overall image reflections, and the issue was still there.
Then I inverted the color (the blue became amber) and no color shift happened with enlargement.
Then I used selective color to reduce the magenta component of your blue making it more cyan, and no color shift happened with enlargement.

I enlarge a lot of game textures, and often find that itā€™s adding cyan artifacts around red areas like warning sign text.

Perhaps their training images had chromatic aberrations that needed correction. Now it seems like the AI is looking for those where none exist, and ends us adding its own in by accident.

2 Likes

This is what I surmised.

Photos need to rely more on AI interpretation, and Microblocking would not normally exist.
Thought I might be able to contribute something useful, but I have nothing.
Will do another run with Gigapixel for video trying @robertvarga settings.

I Put a lot of work into using VEAI GC, so switching back is no issue.
For general feedback purposes: I hard limit brightness, reduce shadows and contrast before processing, and re-adjust after processing.

If youā€™ve not already done it, I would open Gigapixel in standalone mode and reinstall the plug-in, which I believe is under the ā€˜Helpā€™ menu. Sorry if my suggestion is redundant, just trying to help.

Thanks for the suggestion but there doesnā€™t appear to be a way to reinstall the plug-in from any of the menus in Gigapixel. Besides I did a clean re-install of both Photoshop and Gigapixel earlier today. Looking at the Gigapixel log files there appears to be a new event called onLoaded which doesnā€™t appear in the logs from Saturday prior to me applying update v5.1.6. and this is where Gigapixel is failing.

SOLVED IT !!!

The image I was trying to load into Gigapixel from Photoshop was using the Adobe RGB colour space. Once I converted the image to sRGB the image loaded into Gigapixel without a problem.

Thanks to everyone that tried to assist me with my issue.

Exactly the same problem for meā€¦
My image was a ā€œPrint Screenā€ so already sRGB, but just changing to something else made it work with PS.

That shouldnā€™t make a difference @taylor.bishop Taylor could you have a look at this please.

OK I will test it but there seems to be some strange random RGB values in the areas where some of the red is appearing such as:

Let me process and see if there is a difference. Can you tell me the monitor you are viewing on please, and is it calibrated?

Would like to see your preferences also please:

I think this needs to go to support and the developers @taylor.bishop as this is what I get with OpenVINO only for the different models, note this is on a 98% RGB monitor calibrated:

Maximum Quality Model

Not Maximum Quality

I think you can also test in version 4.4.5, because I also encountered the same trouble. In version 4.4.5, even if the preview area also has red, the red area of the generated image does not exist.

I see something wrong with the ICC profile and i can only guess that it wasnā€™t converted but had a profile assigned.

This is another copy I found on the internet that doesnā€™t have the same issues but the color is different:

The result with the previous image from glitchbob.rebootrevival is almost as though the colors been over saturated which would then lead to the red cast.

For example if I take the image I downloaded and push the saturation, save it, and then process I get the same result, you can see here:

So if I reduce the Saturation on the original, save it, process in GigaPixel and adjust the saturation/vibrance up ā€¦ I get this:

Iā€™ve done some further testing and it seems images fail to load from Photoshop into Gigapixel when there is no colour space defined, rather than it being necessary to specify sRGB. Images with untagged RGB donā€™t load into Gigapixel, I have to assign a colour space first, either SRGB or Adobe RGB and then itā€™ll load. Admittedly Iā€™ve only been using GigaPixel a few months but this is the first time I encountered this issue.

1 Like

Hi nick,

Really appreciate the bug report! Iā€™ll dig into this ASAP and see what the issue is.

I just did an interesting follow-up test.
Take the original and make no other changes than inverting the colors in Photoshop (the Ctrl+I ā€œnegativeā€ function).
Enlarge it with Gigapixel AI.
Invert the colors on the enlargement , and itā€™s back to looking exactly like the original without the red highlights.

So itā€™s probably not the saturation specifically, but more likely that particular shade of blue that goes wrong. Depending on how they mapped the color registers, this could be rooted in the code if theyā€™ve missed accounting for the blue component in magenta shades. It could be something as little as a typo in one line of code.

3 Likes

Weā€™re aware of this issue and itā€™s on our roadmap to fix in the near future. Itā€™s a much deeper issue that takes quite a bit of time to fix and weā€™re prioritizing with that in mind.

1 Like

Working in Premiere and Vegas.
Normally leaving Colour Space default for uniformity, but also looking at maximum quality.

If I was to set the Colour Space, is there anything to take from this regarding the Colour Space to save in before Gigapixel? For now!

An image file does need a colour space, not necessarily embedded, and usually is one of sRGB, AdobeRGB or ProPhotoRGB. Of course lesser used ones such as AppleRGB and WideGamutRGB are also there. If there is no assigned ICC Profile it would typically default to sRGB.

What I was implying was that a colour profile may have been assigned to the image rather than the image converted to that profile.

I believe Premier and Vegas would default to the monitor profile anyway.