Gigapixel v5.1.5

Raise a new thread in Topaz Products, Product Feature Requests and don’t forget to click on the vote box.

For NVIDIA GPU user I have been testing drivers, not only for Topaz products, and we found there have been issues with driver releases since April … both for Studio & Game, we have looked at those back to the one noted in this article as the last stable one we could find.

Note also RTX series users i am looking for someone to use the version on you GPU and see if that makes a difference for you also.

Hello,
Using the RTX 2080 Super - Also gives me the hang-ups and crashes, even when trying to view a tutorial Using the latest NVIDIA Drivers; using 5.1.4 didn’t cause this, even on the latest driver.
I haven’t tried reverting atm, but since it worked before updating to 5.1.5 - Then I’ll have to just wait for an update.

1 Like

Yes, I found that, but I have other programs that use drag’n’drop to process photos, or batches and they’ve never done that. It catches me out every time I install a new version, because I’m both trusting and forgetful.

I hope Windows 7 isn’t the reason, it would be like blaming the brand of petrol in my car when the brakes fail. If it doesn’t pop up “Not compatible with Windows 7” then I’m crossing fingers it’ll work.

I think these are the logs from when it rage quit when asked to run on CPU as it says !!! CPU and ERROR!!! proc failed Not found: FetchOutputs node netOutput2X: not found, as well as a run of warnings about relative URLs in the wrong place that may just be specific to it being a beta version?

2020-09-08-16-02-9-QML.tzlog.txt (21.6 KB) 2020-09-08-16-02-9-Main.tzlog.txt (85.2 KB)

If there are bug fixes then yes sure please release fixes asap. But if it’s fiddling and tweaking or adding new features something more regular and balanced would be preferable, say once a month would be great for me.

I have no idea how to give feedback in the proper forum (I see no way to post in bugs/feedback), but general feedback for your UI team from a fellow UI developer –

Yes / No / Cancel are very bad ways to get across information to a user in a dialog box. Yet I see these throughout Gigapixel AI.

The reason Yes/No/Cancel are bad is because they require the user to read, understand, and interpret the meaning of the dialog message and then correlate it to the correct button.

Instead, the dialog buttons should simply indicate the actual choice.

“Changes to this image have not been saved. Are you sure you want to close it?” YES / NO

vs.

“Changes to this image have not been saved. Close it anyway?” CLOSE / CANCEL

The latter only requires the user to read the button labels. It’s intuitive and clean, and always less of a cognitive load for the user when the buttons are named properly.

Cheers.

4 Likes

Can I add that yes: some consistency would be good here, as I think the various programs treat things differently, and a Yes in GAI would be a No in SAI, or something? (Not entirely sure and not checking now) I know I’ve had to try and exit twice when I don’t want to save something and it thought I wanted to abort the exit, just to be on the safe side. Maybe the position of the buttons changed about in an update?

Admittedly this could be considered preferable to the reverse situation of losing an image, but when I’ve pressed ‘X’ or File> Quit or CTRL+Q, then I’ve probably committed to discarding the current image, so don’t make me read things. :wink:

1 Like

Very disappointed to have downloaded this “update” only to find it crashes 9/10 times on the preview screen. Disabling/enabling settings hasn’t helped, neither did updating to the latest NVIDIA drivers. The only fix - downloading all 1.5Gb of the previous version and reinstalling that. A lot of frustration and time wasted. I also notice the issue STILL hasn’t been fixed where every single time you first launch the program it doesn’t allow dragging and dropping of images. You have to close the program and relaunch it to “fix” the issue.

Having worked in IT for decades I don’t expect programs to work perfectly every time but owning and using the Topaz suite of software would indicate there are major issues on the programming and beta testing side of things. It’s actually growing quite exasperating. Now with the new upgrade subscription model you have really raised the stakes on customer loyalty/expectations and you should be hiring more people, taking your time and getting it right more often than not.

Please go to Help-Graphics info press Copy and paste the info here.

Why the needed switch to “Game Ready” Nvidia drivers? Studio drivers are the exact same version at the time of this writing.

Only where the op was having a problem as an option, they may be the same version but they have different contents.

According to NVidia Game Ready and Studio drivers are not different content, they just go through different testing and thus have different release cycles.

Application & Version: Topaz Gigapixel AI Version 5.1.4

Operating System: Windows 10 (10.0)

Graphics Hardware: GeForce GTX 1650/PCIe/SSE2

OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 452.06

CPU RAM: 32684 MB

Video RAM: 4096 MB

Preview Limit: 4431 Pixels

The app completely crashes when opening any picture since the update.

I tested Windows 10 x64 20H2 DCH GameReady Driver 451.85/452.06/452.22/460.15 + DDU and Gigapixel AI 5.1.5 crash only on RTX Series card. Which means that the last update on Gigapixel was buggy.

1 Like

You have RTX 30x0/RTX 20x0/GTX16x0 ?

Please go to Help-Graphics info press Copy and paste the info here.

And upload log file.

Hi, I reverted my driver to v442.92 (Studio) and all seems to be OK. There are issues with 452.06 that cause issues with Affinity Photo, Premier Pro and PS that I know of. If you have already downloaded and installed the previous version I would wait for a fix to the Driver or confirmation from Topaz that they have a solution.

There are also issues with the 452.06 driver which others have reported that if they install everything except GeForce Experience there are no issues. I.e install the driver, PhysX, HD Audio and RTX extensions only.

Hi all, we’ve released a new version. You can find the release thread here.