Gigapixel v5.1.0

I updated to 5.1.0 a couple hours ago. I accessed it via PS using the File/Automate - etc. It seemed to do what I wanted it to but when I clicked Save I got no preference window so I assumed it would default directly into PS. It processed but nothing in PS and no file saved anywhere that I can find. The PS layer I used has no change in size. HELP!

Hi, I have the same GAI GPU horizontal lines as mikmod1 on hair when up-scaling. CPU works fine although 200% slower then the 2080TI. To bulk fix GAI GPU upscale horizontal lines, I have to used Denoiser which adds additional processing time.

The output of the gigapixel plugin in photoshop cc 2020 is the wrong size.
I set height to 2160 pix and everything looks right, but going back to photoshop
the picture has a different height.

If I change the setting and go back to it, I can get it to work,

You mentioned “We’ve got an engine upgrade in the works that should drop in the next month or two” in the beta thread - is it going to address the severe banding on some images in GPU mode?

I’m hoping that this will be the case, but I can’t be sure until the engine is tested in Gigapixel (it’s currently being tested in Video Enhance AI). If it doesn’t fix the issue, it will be on the top of my priority list.

I know it’s frustrating and I appreciate your patience on the issue - the issue itself is one of the more complex bugs to fix, and there’s a lot of moving parts currently that need to be ironed out before I can either confirm a fix or begin working on one.

1 Like

Did try the PS freature for the first time and it worked nice.

The color Artifacts Gigapixel caused i did remove with Denoise.

I updated to 5.1.0 a couple hours ago. I accessed it via PS using the File/Automate - etc. It seemed to do what I wanted it to but when I clicked Save I got no preference window so I assumed it would default directly into PS. It processed but nothing in PS and no file saved anywhere that I can find. The PS layer I used has no change in size. HELP!

Hi Sue,

What operating system are you using? Mac or Windows?

Can you open Gigapixel and go to Help → File Logging → Open Log Folder, then copy all of those files and upload them here?

Have you tried with multiple images or just the one? If just the one, can you upload it to the location above?

Thank you!

The output of the gigapixel plugin in photoshop cc 2020 is the wrong size.
I set height to 2160 pix and everything looks right, but going back to photoshop
the picture has a different height.

Could you upload the image this happens with here?

Thank you! I’ll probably have to buy the “continuation” of the licence to be able to see/use that (as in most cases, mine expires in a day) - can’t wait though! :slight_smile:

You mentioned (or one of the devs did) that GAI uses OpenGL (yup, this, not OpenCL) to calculate stuff, could it be some shortcuts made specifically for GPU calculations (could they be less precise?) or OGL specifications quirks?

Edit: GAI 4.4.6 also has that bug, if it helps with digging in search for a cause:

Didn’t Denoise intensify some of the “sharpenings” in the image as a bonus? I’ll have to test it!

When you activate “Low Light Mode” and put down Sharpening it does work wonders.

Low Light Mode is my tool #1 for all denoise stuff i do. Today i denoised a Wedding with Low Light Mode only, Sharpening of “2” and Denoise @ “0”. Cause it did denoise the Suit of the Groom, at “0” it was ok but it could be less.

I just uploaded the Logfiles as you requested. I only included yesterday and today since I did the new upgrade yesterday.
Sue

@taylor.bishop

This aspect concerns me, that an ongoing & enduring bug will be cured:fingers crossed: in a version release months after it was reported and repeatedly brought to developers attention but many (all?) users will be paying for their next license :frowning: like @mikmod1 and myself…paying for a bug fix version???

PS I have yet to install v5.1.0 …or the relevent most current of DeNoise & Sharpen AI…do I have to install it before my license expires (end of 15th August) or does the license database recognise that I have the ‘right’ based on version availablity release date???

1 Like

I’m on a Win10 with an I7 processor and 6GPU graphics card. Things are running nicely until this problem. It’s part of a batch of old negatives I’ve scanned to upload to my agency as “historic/vintage”. I just tried the same image using PS with the same result. I also ran it using Gigapixel as standalone and it worked fine. I’ll upload the files you requested in a few minutes.
Thanks.
Sue

Hi @taylor.bishop

I decided to update both Gigapixel and Sharpen as appropriate to the latest versions.

However in regard to Gigapixel there is an oddity of behaviour:-

1. Open immediately after installation (NB I previously uninstalled the earlier v5.0.3) it opened fine with the Tutorials on the RHS showing the pictures.

2. Oddly, unlike previous updates and indeed Sharpen v2.1.3, Gigapixel did not require me to re-authenticate with my username & password!

3. I ran my usual quick test images once and then ran the calibration but noted that even though my CPU being 1st Gen Intel Open Vino was defaulting to “Yes” after the calibration (NB with Sharpen it defaulted to “No” as in the earlier version.

4. Having closed the program and re-opening it the Tutorials list on the RHS no longer shows the photos and clicking on ‘the blank area’ throws up an error message that Picture not found…it was there the first time so why now lost???

4a) Also, on this second launch the correct Open Vino of “No” was showing as well as, again correctly now greyed out.

TIA :slight_smile:

Edit ~ I have discovered the reason for the issue with the tutorial images not showing.
a) when launching directly from the finalised/finished installer the program as a whole is still running in Admin ‘mode’…but having closed it and launching it routinely it is not being started as Administrator

b) Now please note ~ I do custom installs and always have done and in common with all other programs Topaz installers (the current one :wink: ) by default remember my last drive paths.
GAI was and still is putting the Program Data (tgrc folder & logs) on the C drive but with SAI I had chosen to put the Program Data on the E drive with installed SAI program.

So, either something about the way GAI is behaving compared to v5.0.3 and/or my memory is poor and in the previous v5’s I had to manually set the path for Program Data each time…but I am sure I did not do that in the past.

Therefore on the face of it, it is easy to correct but IMO this is changed behaviour especially including the fact that I did not have to re-auhenticate!

I’m on a win 10 PC v2004 with a Radeon 5600 XT GPU. I also get the lines but only with Max Q = on and Natural mode. With Max Q off + Natural or Max Q On + Man Made there are no lines. Examples below at 4X.

Max Q on + Natural. see lines

Max Q On + Man Made No Lines

Max Q off + Natural No Lines

1 Like

I uploaded the log files earlier today at the request of taylor.bishop. He responded to my original post.

Please don’t post the same in multiple threads then.

Hi Dennis,

Got the image - could you tell me what height it gets set to in Photoshop after processing? I’m unable to replicate this issue unfortunately. When setting it to 2160px in Gigapixel and saving it to return to Photoshop, this is the result for me:

" Looks like we’re having a few issues with the auto-updater - Should have a fix deployed momentarily. Will post here once it’s fixed.

You can still download the full installer at the top of this page, or at downloads.topazlabs.com ."

Where’s this ‘offline installer’ of which you speak?

Clicking on the link just takes me to a page of ‘XML’ text.

Nor can I see any obvious link to the offline-installer at the top of the forum page.

It really isn’t a ‘big ask’, is it, to have a permanent, easily-locatable, offline-installer link for registered-users? Even incorporating an option, within the software’s internal ‘update’ facility, to download said installer would be handy.

I admit to being perplexed by Topaz’s reluctance to make an offline-installer more-easily accessable.

Cheers.

It makes absolutly no sense for the photoshop integration to be under File → Automate
Every other host application places their plugin in the filters tab. Filter tab is WAYY faster to access and way more convenient, specially since Gigapixel AI photoshop integration is a smart filter, then why not put it in the filters tab?

1 Like