Gigapixel outputs to 72 dpi rather than original DPI

Same here I was going to buy it but without the possibility to save at 300 dpi I’ll pass.
And no, it’s not on the app even when setting the width of height in inc/cm
Screenshot 2023-01-22 at 18.15.29

It would be helpful like Gigapixel AI can do to be able to specify the DPI. I use laser engraver and ideally want to resize the image natively to the format used, so in my case 6x8 inch tiles at 318 DPIs would come out to 1908 x 2544 pixels (at 318 DPI that is).

My recommendation here is that you raise a support request and ask exactly what you want.

For example, if you just want to have the ability to update the metadata with the amount 300 OR do you want to resize from 72dpi to 300 dpi?

Personally it doesn’t matter to me because I just tell the printer or update the field without resizing in Affinity Photo because I then have full control over the dimensions the image

Hi. I am beginner in the area of photo editing.
Like others in this thread I need to print my enhanced photos at 300 dpi.
Maybe someone can explain in a beginner friendly way why the DPI doesn’t matter (and that whats important is to tell the printer to print at 300 dpi) ?
Could be amazing with some examples with different photo dimensions and resolutions.

1 Like

I’m on v 5.8.0 but I’m unable to see a PPI option. What could this be due to

3 posts up shows how to select pixels per CM or IN.

And, in this image which is very small and compressed I have chosen to upscale to 6 inch width at 300 pixels per inch. You need to be careful that you don’t upscale more that the maximum because the quality will suffer. Also you cannot upscale by pixels and then add the DPI.

Absolutely not seeing any such option in my version

Click for the drop-down from “px” and you can choose inches or centimeters.

1 Like

thank you Don. Silly of me not to have realised that. Much appreciated

1 Like

We are almost done with 2023 and this still hasn’t been resolved? I was going to buy it but no way…4 years no resolution?

Just wondering if this has been resolved. Changing the PPI isn’t changing the DPI. Seriously! most of us need to print.

I’m wondering the same thing, i bought this to print canvas but that 72 dpi is getting there automatically…cant do nothing