Gigapixel doesn't open as a plugin in Photoshop

Gigapixel will open as stand alone but not as a plugin in Photoshop via file - automate. When I try to open it, it creates a new layer called Gigapixel but the control panel doesn’t open. My other topaz plugins work properly.
this is what the Adobe plugin folder contains “tltopazgigapixelaips_64” as a (shortcut) and it points to Gigapixel in topaz LLC folder which is the same as the other topaz plugins
Please advise
Thanks Ray

4 Likes

Did you fix this as I’m having same problem?

I’m also having this problem with the latest version of PS CC (24.7.0) and the latest version of Gigapixel AI (6.3.3)

1 Like

Same issue here. I’ve been happily using Photoshop->File->Automate->Gigapixel all day long, and tonight I did an upgrade to Photo AI and poof! Gigapixel no longer works in Photoshop.

I’m on an M1 Macbook Pro, latest OS.

I tried uninstalling Photo AI, but no luck in getting Gigapixel to work again… just a new layer that says its -gigapixel, but is just a copy of the image layer… gigapixel is never invoked.

I also tried re-installing Gigapixel, but that didn’t work either.

Also, trying to add the photoshop plugin in Gigapixel standalone mode doesn’t work… you get the admin dialog for password and then nothing.

1 Like

I got mine to work again, though I’m not exactly sure how. It looks like PhotoAI installs its own automator plugin, which clobbered gigapixels automator in photoshop.

Basically, I unistalled PhotoAI and then searched my hard drive for topazphotoai, which is how I found the automator plugins for it. I trashed them and gigapixel started working again.

I may try to reinstall PhotoAI at some future date, but for now, I’ve got a lot of work to do that requires gigapixel.

Your mileage may vary.

I have the same version of Gigapixel 6.3.3 and am having the same issue.

1 Like

I just got a new update to my NVIDIA driver last night. After I installed it I still launch Gigapixel from Photoshop

I have solved the error. It is the TopazPhotoAIGather.8bf plugin that causes the problem with Gigapixel not opening when automation/Gigapixel is selected. Search for TopazPhotoAIGather.8bf in program Files/Common Files/Adobe/Plugins/CC/ - rename TopazPhotoAIGather.8bf to TopazPhotoAIGather.8b(f).
Also, search for TopazPhotoAIGather.8bf in Program Files/Adobe/ (either or both Adobe Photoshop Beta and Adobe Photoshop 2023 or whatever that version is)/Plugins. Rename TopazPhotoAIGather.8bf to TopazPhotoAIGather.8b(f).
That’s it.

1 Like

So I’m having this issue (and Topaz is working to figure it out). I have searched for the filename you list - but I don’t have that exact file. Mine is TopazGigapixelAIGather.plugin (it’s in two locations within the plugins folder - one out in the open and another in a secondary folder named TopazGigapixelAI (screenshot attached). I’m on a Mac, so I don’t know if that matters, but any thoughts on this? I’ve sent it all to Topaz, but figured I would ask here, too, since this fix wasn’t even mentioned.