Gigapixel Best Algorithm Setting?

I’ve been quite amazed by Gigapixel. I have a question that I can’t find. Are there “Best Practices” guidelines for choosing how to upsize? For instance is choosing 2x, 4x, etc. Any better than setting a specific upsize that might be 182% or something like that? I ask because I remember back in the day reading that the math of how one upsamples in Photoshop matters.

My testing experience is that I get the same result using the whole number presets, or decimal values up to and including 6x. Above that the upsizing becomes blurry. You can still good results above 6x, but it requires doing the enlargement in two steps of less than or equal to 6x.

1 Like

I agree with you although I am more cautious and tend not to go beyond 4x the first time, simply because I haven’t tried.

1 Like

Disable both GPU and CPU (OpenVINO) acceleration to get the best visual results.

1 Like

By “Visual Results” you mean onscreen viewing?

“Visual results” means sharpest details, as both acceleration options can leave some areas blurred. How much of that translates to printing likely depends on the size of the print.

1 Like