Gigapixel AI v4.9.2

I even tried rebooting in between just to make sure that the program’s property changes had really been registered with Windows. I have a Gsync monitor, but I can’t image that it would have anything to do with preventing the compatibility fix from working.

Hi Andy, I’ve identified the problem and I’ll be pushing out a fix for it in the next few days.

Hard to say. Microsoft says: “There is no magic bullet or single fix to resolve all DPI Scaling problems.” The ultimate fix is full dpi-awareness of the software, and from Taylor’s post it sounds like Topaz realizes that. I’ve made my own software dpi-aware, and I’m aware (no pun intended) that it isn’t always easy for odd dpi-values.

Besides the compatibility vs scaling, one other thing you can play with is the settings for Display > Change the size of text, apps, and other items

So, in summary, the DCH drivers seem to make a big difference for processing Faces and, in the case of the image I tested, the processing time was dropped to equal that of the GPU + Face.

That’s a very interesting result! Thank you.

Best,
Myunghoon

On my system that and every other Compatibility option related to DPI has no effect whatsoever. It also makes no difference if I do it to the shortcut, or directly to the program itself.

Using a custom setting lower than 125% by chance?

Yes, but the menu is still clipped off on the right.

DPI settings lower than 125% result in Windows using the old Windows XP style scaling, which works similar to the “Application” type DPI override setting. Changing “Compatibility” DPI setting has no effect then.

I usually prefer this kind of scaling, because it increases font sizes of old style applications (not fully DPU aware) instead of upscaling fonts graphically (corresponding to “System” or “System (Enhanced)”. This is preferable to blurry text. The downside is that some applications see their content cut of by window borders.

All that being said: GP v4.9.2 having cut-off UI elements does not seem to be based on that Windows scaling method limitation, it seems to be its own bug. I tried both methods of scaling using lower and higher than 125% scaling and the GP issue remains.

Hi Andy, I’ve identified the problem and I’ll be pushing out a fix for it in the next few days.

Sounds like they are on it already. :wink:

Remembering the settings from the last invocation seems like a useful feature that has mostly gone, though, after a restart, they’re still there under the preview window, tantalizingly out of reach, because they will disappear if anything is changed in the navigator panel.

Hey Sean, mind explaining this one a bit further? What steps can I take to reproduce this on my end?

Gigapixel is silently failing to write a resized file regardless of how I set the settings. I snuck up on the app from behind and convinced it to write the file after I changed the input file type to JPG rather than a PNG.

Also, could you send me the file that this is happening with? You can email me it to me at taylor.bishop@topazlabs.com if you’re unable to attach it here or PM it to me. Thanks!

Hi all, a new version of Gigapixel has been released. The release thread can be found here.