Gigapixel AI v4.9.2

Oh, so calculations are performed within OpenGL specifications?? Or is it only about GUI presentation/acceleration?

Calculations 

1 Like

The GUI framework we build our products on uses OpenGL for its rendering (presentation basically). The images are processed with the AI models in OpenGL as well.

2 Likes

I should have added that the discussion was about model processing in the post:

Hi Taylor, I have always had problems with running the App and other AI apps on the HD630 GPU but since I updated to the DCH Intel driver there are no longer issues with the interface. Could it be because the HD630 now supports OpenGL 4.6 (250 ext) instead of OpenGL 3.3?

Sorry if this was already reported. When I process an image file and then select “Close Al Images” when it finishes, drag-and-drop no longer works (have to use “Open Images
”.). However, the message “Drag and drop here to start” is still posted intimating drag-and-drop should work.

[EDIT] This could be a problem with my system. I use a file manager called “Free Commander” and tried using the regular win10 file manager and it worked fine

I started working with Gigapixel AI 4.9.2 tonight. Previously I had used a trial version in April before deciding to purchase. I had no problem opening files created by Gigapixel in PS CC 2020. This version however, is loading in images with a warning popping up: Pixel aspect ratio correction is for preview purposes only. Turn it off for maximum image quality. Pixel aspect ration correction is not on by default in my PS. The images are loading in with the correct height and scrunched to a sliver on width after saying ok on the warning.

Please, if I could have a solution to this problem.

I had that happen to a couple of stray images way back in the initial release. I seem to remember it was a particular file format issue, and only one or two other people ever reported seeing it. Does it happen to every image you try, or just sometimes?

Hey Jaf,

Would be worth taking a look on my end - thanks for the info! Is this new to this version in particular or have you experienced this before?

Thanks!

Under v4.9.2 I’ve just noticed that if I upscale an 8bit image file (a jpg), I’m locked into outputting an 8bit image file and the save preference is ignored (ie setting tif output parameter to 16bit makes no difference to the output and I get an 8bit tif). If I use a 16bit tif as input I can get a 16bit tif as output.

Is this intended behaviour now, as it wasn’t in the past? Do other people get the same result as me?

You should specify what the type of input file you are processing is, the upscale settings you are using and the output file settings you are using.

The program prompts me to purchase it again just now

Try logging in again make sure you use the correct user id. If it doesn’t work raise a support request at the main website.

Bug reports for 4.9.2 on Windows 10:

1. The Topaz Gigapixel AI.exe process won’t always die after clicking the top-right close box, and then I can’t start it again; doesn’t show up in Task Manager, but does in ProcessExplorer64 from where it can be killed and then restarted.
  2. Navigator sidebar is truncated at the right; can’t see right-hand side of height button, can only see 1st half of the first digit of the set scale, can see about half of the reset icon after Autodetect Settings, only two digits of Suppress Noise and Remove Blur (maybe that’s all there is, though don’t I remember a decimal point and another digit?)
  3. Remembering the settings from the last invocation seems like a useful feature that has mostly gone, though, after a restart, they’re still there under the preview window, tantalizingly out of reach, because they will disappear if anything is changed in the navigator panel.
  4. Gigapixel is silently failing to write a resized file regardless of how I set the settings. I snuck up on the app from behind and convinced it to write the file after I changed the input file type to JPG rather than a PNG.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Navigator sidebar is truncated at the right; can’t see right-hand side of height button, can only see 1st half of the first digit of the set scale, can see about half of the reset icon after Autodetect Settings, only two digits of Suppress Noise and Remove Blur (maybe that’s all there is, though don’t I remember a decimal point and another digit?)

The truncated sidebar menu is the result of using advanced scaling settings for your windows display. I’m using a custom scaling size of 116% for font size calibration purposes. Setting it back to 100% “fixes” the menu clipping. Hopefully they can make the menu size scale factor independent in the future.

1 Like

So this option will be like a backup option just in case of non-intel CPU or old intel CPU not supported by OpenVINO module.

Gigapixel should inform the users that using CPU TF is not just a slow backup option, but an option that can lead to very considerably better results compared to both GPU and CPU VINO (did not test GPU VINO yet).

Unfortunately JPEG2RAW is not in active development at this time. We’ve been lightly exploring some options with it, but haven’t decided on anything at this point.

Just add PNG source file support and I am happy as is. Exporting image files from a PDF usually results in a PNG file, often with bad compression artifacts from the original JPEG compression. Currently I have to go the extra step of converting the PNG to JPEG just for JPEG2RAW being able to read the file.

Frankly PDF extraction is about the only case where JPEG2RAW is even useful for me, because most JPEGs are of such high quality nowadays (with modern cameras/phones and high bandwidth mobile plans).

Scaling problems with advanced scaling are common, with generally a common fix. I just tested, and at least for me it works. I set a custom scaling of 216% (my monitor is 4K and automatic is 200) and then ran Gigapixel. Right side cut off. Closed the program, right-clicked and went to properties, compatibility, “Change high DPI settings.” Checked “Override high DPI behavior” and set to “System (enhanced).” Saved and restarted Gigapixel, no problem on the right side.

I normally make the change on the shortcut, either desktop or Start menu, but it should work if applied directly to the program.

On my system that and every other Compatibility option related to DPI has no effect whatsoever. It also makes no difference if I do it to the shortcut, or directly to the program itself.

Changing back to 100% in the advanced display settings does work.

All I can say is “that’s odd.”