Gigapixel AI v4.9.0

You may need to provide a bit more information as on Win 10 it is OK as 200 was my last used:

Go to Help-> Graphics info and press copy then paste the info here.

Application & Version: Topaz Gigapixel AI Version 4.9.0
Operating System: Windows 10 (10.0) Enterprise x64
Graphics Hardware: GeForce GTX 1050 Ti/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 445.87
CPU RAM: 20457 MB
Video RAM: 4096 MB
Preview Limit: 6124 Pixels

I am not saying that this happens always. But it happens way too often and it shouldn’t happen at all…

I can replicate this error, but it’s not consistent. This is what I think is happening - but only based on observation of a few images. That said, those few images agree with my findings 100%.

When you open a second image, Gigapixel correctly defaults to showing the Height field - but it appears to be calculating a new height based on the calculated width of the previous image (which displays at the bottom of the screen, hence using the width parameter works). If you load the same image back in, or one with the exact same aspect ratio, you get the correct figure. If you load in an image with a slightly different aspect ratio you’ll get a slightly different figure. And so on. Happy to be proven wrong, but that’s how it’s looking to me at the moment.

UPDATE: On at least some occasions it seems to be applying the Scale (as shown in the output info at the bottom of the screen) from the previous image.

Hi desaipr, could you send me your log files please? If you go to Help → File Logging → Open Log Folder, you can open the folder where they get saved to. If you could PM me the Main.tzlog and QML.tzlog files from when the crash occurred that would be great. Thanks!

Clipped out of a 2005 video from a P&S, this 535x443 image was made usable by this version of Gpxl. Much more subtle, yet effective enhancements. Wow.

5 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Moderators removing posts

Installed 4.7.1 from an offline installer I recently saved, on a 2017 i5 SSD iMac, then updated to 4.9. Repeated crashes while batch processing the first of 46 JPEGs regardless of setting.

Deleted 4.9 and reinstalled 4.7.1, declined updates. Still crashing while batch processing. Gave up.

Switched to a MacBook Air still running GP 4.4.5 (declined updates!), getting some work done on the very same set of images (so far, 10/46)! :wink:

I also still still use 4.4.5, it works perfectly, bug free. 4.9 has weird behavior. For example, if you close an image without processing, it will not allow you to open and preview a different image, it just continues previewing the image you just closed.

Thanks, do we have a full installer for it? I’ve been keeping my installer collection too tidy :wink:

Unfortunately, I don’t have the installer for 4.4.5 anymore, I wish I did. I only have the application itself.

OK thanks, so I let the Air do its thing ;-). No crashes!

Hi there, could you PM me your system specs and a couple of the images that it crashes with? Thanks!

The old preview was way better. Now it can take ages to have the preview because 100% of the image is being processed when in the previous versions only the shown portion of the image was processed.
Also the warning messages when deleting the images is annoying. We should have an option to disable it.

Another edit for another bug : sometimes when loading a new image, the preview of previous one appears instead.

When you say close an image are you removing the image from the application or just unclicking it in the list?

Please go to Help-> Graphics info and press copy and place the info here. As well are you using GPU processing or OpenVINO?

Please post a screenshot showing what you see.

Yes, have this bug too. This new UI and preview panel since v4.5 is a nightmare. The old one was so much better, faster and free of bugs.

Are you closing the image or unclicking it in the list?

Please go to Help-> Graphics info press Copy and paste the info here.

Somebody posted a link to 4.4.6 in the previous Gigapixel topic.

Thanks, but I would need the Mac installer, and ideally the complete installer.

There is a previous version on the downloads page on the main website, sorry I don’t know which version it is. You can try that out or contact support from the main website for a specific version.

Note i also posted a reply to your previous post about not allowing you to open a new preview by i don’t see any answer.

That previous version app is 3.1.1. Too old and it won’t even accept my login credentials. Anyway, I do have the 4.4.5 installed version for now, hopefully I won’t need to reinstall it anytime soon. It serves me well and I have given up on the new updates until things stabilize. Incidentally, I did some testing comparing output quality of 4.4.5 against 4.9.0 and for upscaling smaller images, 4.4.5 provides considerably more detail. On large source images, 4.9.0 wins out by a bit in terms of accuracy.