Gigapixel AI v4.9.0

I’m well aware of that. My comment referred to the past as somebody seemed to think they had charged previously.

Hello. This bug is for v4.9.0.

After adjusting an image and saving I’m then prompted to ‘save changes’.

1 Like

@taylor.bishop @PaulM @johnnystar

Thanks for the insight, pointers & clarification re: upgrades

Yes, I understand now that it will be based on 12 month periods since (initial) purchase and renewal dates. Plus that ‘they’ are making some, so to speak, equalising adjustments for legacy purchasers.

However, my concern still remains that we (as buyers) still need a reliable and stable release and as potentially because we will all be on different renewal dates the possibility (based recent & current experiences with Gigapixel, Sharpen & DeNoise) exists that when some owners pass their renewal/free upgrade date their version in use may still have “issues” & bugs.

It is on this latter concern I would welcome some clarity…afteral it is one thing to add function & features to further versions (as Taylor alludes to above in post #2) that may be included in upgrades that are chargeable but surely no-one should be left with issues & bugs. Therefore, as such will Topaz continue to support earlier version(s) to iron out any issues i.e. make it entirely stable before abandoning it???

1 Like

Also, not quite a bug, but a change that should be an ‘option’ maybe. But the ‘click to preview’ when adding an image just adds an extra step to workflow, especially when only working on a single image…

That was the fastest download and update we’ve had in a long time. Thanks!

Everything working as expected so far.

I did not see either of the “bugs” mentioned above.

Just installed GigaPixel 4.9 and it works fine except when I click on SAVE it just vanishes of the screen (crashes I am guessing)! I am attaching the DxDiag report! My last working version 4.4.6 which was phenomenal! It has had this problem with 4.5, 4.6 …4.9! Very disappointed with this product from the makers of phenomenal products (I owned the whole suite)! Attachment: J Desai Alienware m15 - DxDiag for GigaPixel AI 4.9 Prob.txt (121.1 KB)

I’ve heard version 4.4.6 mentioned many times, but I have 4.4.5 and I never saw 4.4.6, not even in the Topaz changelog. Was it a bootleg copy? :smirk:

Please note that if I set Preferences to use recommended settings, then stop processing, select all again and set to Auto the batch process will not start again until I switch to Manual…

NOTE: Occurs intermittently …

1 Like

• After saving an image, closing it still triggers the dialogue that changes have not been saved.
• Image does not always refresh when moving the cursor within the Navigator window.
• Loading a new image causes the previous image to momentarily appear.

Application & Version: Topaz Gigapixel AI Version 4.9.0
Operating System: Windows 10 (10.0)
Graphics Hardware: GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 445.87
CPU RAM: 16331 MB
Video RAM: 8192 MB
Preview Limit: 8000 Pixels

Unfortunately, there is still no solution to the problem of redness in some areas of the image enlargement, it works very well in version 4.4.5

1 Like

Thanks Steven! I’ll add these to the list and get them fixed.

V 4.9.0 doesn’t remember the last Height setting - in my case 2160. It often loads different values. The last version where this worked OK was 4.4.6. I can’t understand why this still happens - once the last used value has been saved into the Registry, on the next program’s load it should be just retrieved from there as is, it’s as simple as that, there’s just no space for errors…

You may need to provide a bit more information as on Win 10 it is OK as 200 was my last used:

Go to Help-> Graphics info and press copy then paste the info here.

Application & Version: Topaz Gigapixel AI Version 4.9.0
Operating System: Windows 10 (10.0) Enterprise x64
Graphics Hardware: GeForce GTX 1050 Ti/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 445.87
CPU RAM: 20457 MB
Video RAM: 4096 MB
Preview Limit: 6124 Pixels

I am not saying that this happens always. But it happens way too often and it shouldn’t happen at all…

I can replicate this error, but it’s not consistent. This is what I think is happening - but only based on observation of a few images. That said, those few images agree with my findings 100%.

When you open a second image, Gigapixel correctly defaults to showing the Height field - but it appears to be calculating a new height based on the calculated width of the previous image (which displays at the bottom of the screen, hence using the width parameter works). If you load the same image back in, or one with the exact same aspect ratio, you get the correct figure. If you load in an image with a slightly different aspect ratio you’ll get a slightly different figure. And so on. Happy to be proven wrong, but that’s how it’s looking to me at the moment.

UPDATE: On at least some occasions it seems to be applying the Scale (as shown in the output info at the bottom of the screen) from the previous image.

Hi desaipr, could you send me your log files please? If you go to Help → File Logging → Open Log Folder, you can open the folder where they get saved to. If you could PM me the Main.tzlog and QML.tzlog files from when the crash occurred that would be great. Thanks!

Clipped out of a 2005 video from a P&S, this 535x443 image was made usable by this version of Gpxl. Much more subtle, yet effective enhancements. Wow.

5 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Moderators removing posts

Installed 4.7.1 from an offline installer I recently saved, on a 2017 i5 SSD iMac, then updated to 4.9. Repeated crashes while batch processing the first of 46 JPEGs regardless of setting.

Deleted 4.9 and reinstalled 4.7.1, declined updates. Still crashing while batch processing. Gave up.

Switched to a MacBook Air still running GP 4.4.5 (declined updates!), getting some work done on the very same set of images (so far, 10/46)! :wink:

I also still still use 4.4.5, it works perfectly, bug free. 4.9 has weird behavior. For example, if you close an image without processing, it will not allow you to open and preview a different image, it just continues previewing the image you just closed.