Gigapixel AI v4.6

I can’t speak about all photos. I can’t test them all. but it appears in many other images too. I do not want to spam more examples here btw. :grinning:

I upscaled my PPI from 72 to 120 in Gigapixel AI v4.6 but Photoshop shows the output file to still be 72 PPI. Am I doing something wrong?

ppi = pixels per inch is not a fixed size. it depends on your output device. this might either be the printer (dpi = dots per inch) or your monitor.

The PPI is for printing only and has nothing to do with monitor display. DPI is for printing too and it’s not the same as PPI.

PPI is the number of pixels in each inch of your image in a print. DPI is the number of dots of ink output by your printer per inch. There is no correlation between the two.

If you use PPI to upscale your image it will take the number of pixels and then increase the size of the image.

For a simple example a 720 x 720 image upscaled with your settings would become 1200 x 1200.

these units of measurement are related to a reference. in this case per inch. other units of measurement may have other references, for example per centimeter or per hour.

If you want to tell a fixed size/amount not related to a reference, you do that without a reference. in this case for example in pixels or in hours or in kilometers

@eric Hi Eric, it seems that when using the PPI option to upscale an image the X resolution & Y resolution figures in the EXIF are not being updated. For example this image was 72PPI and I used a figure of 144PPI for the upscale but the EXIF values remained at 72.

Before:

After:

@eric Hi Eric,

It seems that the Calibration may be wrong as, in my case it selects OpenVINO and processes this image in 2:41 minutes:

But if I switch to discrete GPU the processing time reduces to 1:10 minutes:

PC specs are:

1 Like

When you make the GigaPixel window as small as possible the preview is being shown perfect more often. But again only in the preview. The final result is blurry.

final processed saved image:

@eric

Hi Eric. Please add the ability to upscale alpha channel via AI models. In most cases, I use Gigapixel to enlarge PNG artworks with an alpha channel. I have to constantly manually separate the alpha channel from the image, enlarge them separately and then combine them again. This is a lot of extra work.

Please give the ability to user to train the model to improve the quality or update the models

1 Like

I think Gigapixel sharpens (by deconvolution) the area to some threshold, behind which it doesn’t do that to avoid some weirdly sharpened areas (think of “bokeh-like” blurred spots on the virtual lens sharpened to the hell and back). It also shows on the slightly blurred or low quality JPEGs with vegetation everywhere.

Hi Eric, @eric

I just see the calibration process is really wrong in my case as it selects OpenVINO:

My environment:

Processing a 2400 x 1600 image with Face Refinement on, 2X upscale and Supress Noise/Remove Blur set to 60. Save is JPG Quality 8, I get the following processing times:

CPU - 2:55 minutes (default selected)
GPU - 1:13 minutes

So, in my case the calibration is way, way out.

in verison 4.6 drag and drop dont work anymore. also user interface is worse, cant click and open processed file like before and also it is not nice to have files on the bottom of the screen

Sam problem here, calibrating does nothing , using only gpu or cpu gives the same error

Drag and drop does work … what is your OS and where are you trying tho drag and drop from?

A post was merged into an existing topic: Video Enhance AI v1.2.1 - OpenVino V3 and Bug Fixes

Hi. Gigapixel AI seems to be very interesting. Few questions…

1. Why it still not accepting the common bitmap image file format (BMP)?
  2. In the process of filtering noise or defects (DeNoise and Clear), it would be great to provide trained correction of digital defects like extra points, lines, etc. Is it possible to implement such functionality in future versions?
    Thanx

Thanks for feedback all! The next version addresses some of these issues (including performance benchmarking and remembering default settings):

2 Likes