Gigapixel AI updates - Fed up

I really appreciate the fact you are trying to resolve issues with your products. However I am really upset and feedup with all the updates to this product over the last couple of weeks.

I am a paying customer. It should not be my responsibility to test your updates. Kindly thoroughly test your products and updates before releasing them to your customers.

All these patches and updates is very disruptive when one is on a tight schedule. Shutting down Lightroom & Photoshop sometimes necessitates restarting your computer.

Next time think of your customer and thoroughly test your products.

Thanks kindly

1 Like

What is the actual issue you are experiencing?

You always need to shutdown applications when they make external calls to applications to make sure the latest update is loaded.

This was not a mandatory update. If you are in the middle of something just ignore the message.

In today’s computer environment it is not possible to test every possible hardware and installed software combination. Alpha and Beta testing is done which expands the tested configurations significantly. I was in IT before retirement and we were challenged to find every issue in a new software release or update and we controlled what computers our users had access to.

I do not have this issue with Adobe, Corel apps, FilterForge, NIK & Fractilus plugins or the any 3D modeling / 3D rendering apps I use. It is only Topaz Labs. Sorry BUT I do not buy into your explanation “In today’s computer environment it is not possible to test every possible hardware and installed software combination.” BECAUSE it is only Topaz Labs software that I have this issue with.

Now PLEASE do your job and stop frustrating customers who have been loyal to you for many years.

Another 2 more updates to AI Gigapixel in the last two days. This is unbelievable. Do proper testing of your apps.

1 Like

Updated AI Gigapixel to 5.1.5 on the weekend. Now there is no Photoshop plugin option to launch, It does not launch from within Lightroom. It does launch as a stand alone app and opens a file (tif or jpg). When you launch a resize it gets to 2% and AI Gigapixel terminates.

I’ve uninstalled AI Gigapixel and then did a clean install but it didn’t help.

For Photoshop there is no filter but a Entry under the File-> Automate menu option.

You should have an entry in Lightroom under the Edit in option.

Note unnecessary comment’s and comments based on conjecture have been removed.

And you forgot I posted :slight_smile:

“It does launch as a stand alone app and opens a file (tif or jpg). When you launch a resize it gets to 2% and AI Gigapixel terminates.”

Sorry you felt you had to edit my comment. I’ve been a loyal customer for several years and posted my experience / opinion on your products. Sorry it was not in your favor, however I was being completely honest and my thoughts still stand.

Never had this error until you updated to ver 5.1.5 - Running from within Photoshop File->Automate. From within Lighroom it does not launch. Stand alone terminates at 2%.

1 Like

Please launch as a standalone and go to Help-> Graphics info, press Copy and paste the info here.

Also open a image in the standalone after pressing Use recommended settings in the Preferences and see if it will calibrate without crashing.

If it is missing from the Lightroom Edit in menu you can add it manually.

The correct place in PS is there automate menu.

5.1.6 has resolved all the issues I had. Works excellent. Sorry if I appeared to be rude but AI Gigabyte I use almost every time I launch Lightroom or Photoshop.

Thanks very much for resolving the bugs.

Ken

1 Like

Still no issues or problems with 5.1.6. Again thanks very much for resolving this issues.

1 Like