Gigapixel AI Freezing

Since I have downloaded the latest version of Gigapixel AI have had the problem of running the program, it freezes after about 30 seconds. I have downloaded all the latest drivers to no avail. What could be the problem is it a bug, or a problem at my end. I have tried downloading 3 times now.

1 Like

Can you go to Help-> Graphics info and press the Copy button and paste that here. If you are on windows and have dual GPUs make sure the correct GPU is allocated to the application. Instructions for switchable graphics are here:

https://support.topazlabs.com/hc/en-us/articles/213614538-Using-Switchable-Graphics-with-Topaz-Labs

Application & Version: Topaz Gigapixel AI Version 4.0.0

Operating System: Windows 10 (10.0)

Graphics Hardware: Intel(R) HD Graphics 630

OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 - Build 22.20.16.4749

CPU RAM: 16267 MB

Video RAM: 1500 MB Total, 1200 MB In Use

Preview Limit: 3466 Pixels

One of the issues you face is that the technical specs of your PC are bare minimum and therefore may be impacted by the HD Graphics 630. I’m not sure if you have a different GPU available as well as the HD 630 but, for example, my laptop has the Intel HD Graphics 630 but also a NVIDIA GTX1050 with 4GB of dedicated memory.

You can check by right clicking on the Windows Icon on the taskbar, select Device Manager and then expand Display Adaptors. If you do have use the link to setting switchable graphics to change the GPU for GigaPixel.

Recommended Technical Specifications:

Additional pointers about performance & troubleshooting:

Okay thanks for sorting the problem, can I convert back to the previous version?

2 Likes

Sure, on that troubleshooting page link there are previous installer links where you can download.

2 Likes