Gigapiel AI for Windows, strange CPU load behaviour

Hey all,

when Gigapixel AI uses the GPU, it uses a different amount of CPU usage dependend on Gigapixel working minimized or with its window in the foreground:

• Gigapixel AI using the GPU uses up to 10 % of CPU in addition when the Gigapixel AI GUI interface is minimized

• Gigapixel AI using the GPU uses up to 20 % of CPU in addition when the application window is on the screen.

That means that Gigapixel AI uses twice that much CPU load in addition to its GPU work when the application window is on screen not minimized to the system tray.

FYI, if you have a nVIDIA GPU, and I believe you have a MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Gaming 8 GB, using Task Manager doesn’t display accurate figures. For nVIDIA there is a app called nvidia -smi which will produce correct statistics.

Thanks for the quick reply AiDon. I switched to an MSI Nvidia RTX 2070 Super Gaming X. I am using the MSI Afterburner to get accurate data.

My couriosity was about the additional CPU use that is twice that high when the application is not minimized, showing the GUI window in front.

I also use MSI Afterburner and I just ran Afterburner with the main window minimized/maximized, but no difference. I wonder if it is to do with the display because I have an integrated GPU that drives the display?

Does the RTX 2070X drive the display as well?

Yes, the 2070 drives the display. Please be aware that I am NOT courious about the graphics card load. I am confused about the (8700K) CPU load at the same time. When the application is minimized the load is half of what it is when the application window is on the screen.