From a Fan

Primarily Studio…some PSP touchups.

12 Likes

Really nice processing and colors. The background and musical notes is a nice touch too. Not too sure about how the shadow color looks? It’s a really beautiful image though.

2 Likes

Pretty colours

1 Like

Very nice image and colors.
I agree with John @cre8art about the shadow.

1 Like

Nicely done …

1 Like

@Laundromat We’re all in agreement on the shadow. It was my first attempt to create one within Studio itself. Along with the coloration, I’m not thrilled with its placement and there are a few other adjustments that I think it lacks that would have improved it. Unfortunately, I had already committed before noticing what it needed and what I thought I had saved as the shadow image layer wasn’t found and I’d have had to start from scratch. Hopefully. the next attempt will be better.

1 Like

Ah, I understand you tried Sharon’s way to add a shadow directly in Studio. In principle the shadow is well it just needs a lower opacity and some softer edges. I am sure your next one will be perfect :thumbsup:

1 Like

Very nice creation, very interesting techniques.

1 Like

Someone mentioned a target for HSL application which I assumed meant something like a mask. It gave me an idea of how I might improve on the shadow without going back to Start. The opacity and blurring of the shadow should be done but I think the HSL direction helps without redoing. I masked the shadow, inverted it and used HSL to tone the color more to the background

1 Like

Lovely work Elle …regarding the shadow: can you duplicate the image, place in multiply mode, and mask out the rest. That should darken the shadow to almost black.

1 Like

I’m not so sure just what the best shadowing color effect would be here. I do agree that it’s off on the original. A black one is not a problem since that’s what it shows up as on the inverted mask used. What I am pretty sure of, the layered image should have been softened or blurred more and made less opaque but thank you for commenting.

1 Like