Friday storms rolling in ... 🌧 over Bangkok

Sometimes you can get lucky with the cloud formation, last Friday the clouds rolled in. Taken on a M50 and just processed with RAW conversion only 

16 Likes

Very nice shot with a lot of drama. Could be also a good B&W

2 Likes

Great capture of both the buildings and the weather. Almost looks like the moment before an alien invasion

1 Like

Good shot, the clouds make the picture stand out.

1 Like

Looks like some nasty weather coming on, fantastic shot Don.

1 Like

That really pops (wasn’t there a “photo pop” option in the classic Adjust? it gives the look that that would)!

I like the contrast of the beige-y buildings with the ominous dark clouds.

The image clearly looks processed (probably b/c of the contrast/clarity on the bldgs), but not overdone. The clouds are especially great - they don’t tip over into that ‘crunchy’ HDR over-processed & overly contrasty look. These look like you probably saw them that way and just had to ‘help’ the camera out a bit for drama

Of course this was processed by a RAW converter but apart from brightening midtones and shadows it is a technique I use of using the in-camera histogram to reveal the shadows as there are little or no highlights in this scene.

I think it was mentioned in tips and tricks previously. FYI I only use products like Adjust, TS etc for artistic effects. :slight_smile:

It’s a really nice capture and finished image. I found I just kept looking at it a lot to study the various elements that were there as well as liking the aesthetics of it. I don’t know about you, but I get so thrilled with myself (in my case b/c it’s so rare!) when I produce something of that caliber! Are you going to print and hang it at all?

No, I am lucky that the condo I own is in a building that faces East so the Western view as you see here is just standard and during the monsoon season many opportunities for dramatic images 
 great opportunities for night images to the West also and beautiful lighting for the buildings to the West in the morning. So have lots to choose from :slight_smile:

1 Like