File name on command line gives different behaviour than manual load of file

If I start up Topaz Photo AI executable (not the CLI version, the full-blown GUI version) with a file name on the command line, it behaves differently than when I start it up and then manually load the file. It doesn’t allow me to save modifications to a new file (at least not in the usual manner), and it doesn’t save it in my preferred file format (PNG) if I load a JPG file to work on.

Is there any way that I can instruct the program to simply auto-load the file, but otherwise behave as if I manually opened the file?

Can you provide an example of the terminal commands you are using in the CLI with Topaz Photo AI? This may give us a better understanding of how the application is operating.

“C:\Program Files\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz Photo AI\Topaz Photo AI.exe” IMAGE.PNG

Any progress on this issue? It’s still present in the latest version (2.4.1).

Issue is still there, in v3.0.1

Any progress on this issue?

Ideally, I should be able to simply give an image file on the command line, and then having PAI open the file just as if I’d done it via File/Open. An option to have it open in a new instance or reuse an existing instance would be nice, but not essential.

Do you intend to fix this issue?

My apologies for missing your replies. I have moved this thread to our Ideas section so the proper development team may become aware of this request.

Please make sure that you do not forget to vote for your idea :slight_smile: