Feature Request - Photo, Sharpen, GigaPixel, DeNoise

When calling these (great!) programs from Lightroom, an option box comes up with options to edit a copy of the image with and without Lightroom adjustments. In the Copy File Options sections, the options for File Format defaulting to TIFF. While this is fine most of the time, sometimes after I’ve selected this option and worked with the image in whichever program, I find that I don’t like the impact on the images and will cancel the edit in the Topaz plugin.

Unfortunately, this leaves a very large file (usually around 140 MB) in my catalog/file system. Yes, I can easily delete these “orphaned” files in LR, but it would be great if the program or export template could recognize this cancelled edit and delete the file created for it. I don’t know if that is possible, but it would be nice.

On a similar note, it would also be nice if we could “customize” the default choices on the export dialog.

Finally, the files created for/by Topaz are named with the original file name and the word “Edit”. It would be great if the appended suffix could be updated with the name of the plugin, i.e. Photo, Sharpen, etc. This would help identify by the filename if it has been edited in a Topaz application.

Thanks for listening.

If your using the edit in this is the default export of LR images. I believe you can change this in settings.

Great! and I thought I had a good handle on LR. Thanks!

1 Like