"Earned Basic" but still unable to post images

I got a message telling me that I now have basic privileges, including uploading images in my posts. But, when I try to do so, I still get the message that I do not have permission to upload images.

1 Like

Where did you receive the message from? Typically basic means you can create a thread.

Double check that your image is not to large to post. You will get an error message for this as well and it is more common.

I have created a post and clicked on the Upload icon. I have uploaded 2 images, both under 1MB, When I click on Create Post, I get the message “Sorry, you can’t put images in a post”. Is there another way to upload an image?

Just place then on an external sharing site in the meantime and post links.

You still haven’t answered where you received the message from about “basic” lettering you upload images.

If I click on my initial at the top right of the screen, there is a list of posts from/to me. One is titled “Earned Basic” . This is what it says:

"This badge is granted when you reach trust level 1. Thanks for sticking around and reading a few topics to learn what our community is about. New user restrictions have been lifted; you’ve been granted all essential community abilities, such as personal messaging, flagging, wiki editing, and the ability to post multiple images and links. "

I would post a screenshot but, of course, it won’t let me.

I am checking with the system but at the moment Basic users don’t have permissions to upload images.

When I have an answer I’ll get back to you in this thread.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Creating a Post on this Forum