DeNoise AI not showing in my A/C

I have submitted 2 tickets but have not heard back. Just wondering if they are short handed due to the virus. My issue is that I do own DenoiseAI and want to update it, but it is not showing up in my account as something I own (or can update).

Did you download and install from the downloads page on the website?

Tray that and see if it installs in the meantime whilst you are waiting for an answer … note the latest version is available from the downloads page.

Thank you and I will try installing the latest version from the downloads page this evening. I should be able to activate it with my email address since I do own it - if all goes well.

Indeed, I installed 2.0 yesterday and it worked fine, thanks. But today I updated it to 2.1.1 and it does nothing. Does not denoise the image, sharpen it, or anything.

Please open DeNoise and go to Help-> Graphics info, press copy and paste the information here.

Also what is the image you are trying to remove the noise from, the settings used and the output format.

I updated now to v2.2.1 and it’s working. Only issue now is that I can’t drag and drop a tiff to open it, and it is stripping the EXIF data. Is it supposed to be doing that? (hope not)

When you say stripping EXIF data, what is your output format?

Please, at least, give your computing environment when you ask for help. As I asked previously …

I’m using a tiff created in Lr for use in Denoise AI, and my output is a tiff also, but the EXIF info is missing at that point for some reason. I’m on Win 10 and here is the graphics info, sorry.
Application & Version: Topaz DeNoise AI Version 2.1.2

Operating System: Windows 10 (10.0)

Graphics Hardware: GeForce GTX 1080/PCIe/SSE2

OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 441.66

CPU RAM: 65469 MB

Video RAM: 8192 MB

Preview Limit: 8000 Pixels

Please raise a support request at the main website.