Denoise AI - ""Error processing image, please try again."

Hi,

I got an error processing pictures in the “Standard” mode of Denoise AI, with the AI processor being set to my GPU (an RTX 2080). The following message is displayed:

If the problem persists try updating your device drivers or switching to a different AI processor in preferences"

• It’s only happening with the standard mode, “Low light”, “Clear” or “Sever Noise” are not affected.
  • I tried to roll back to a previous version, updated my GPU drivers but the issue wasn’t solved.
  • Running Denoise as administrator do not solve the issue.
  • Reinstalling Denoise do not solve the issue
  • A clean driver installation do not solve the issue
  • The “Standard” mode works if the AI processor set on CPU (but it’s way slower)

I got Denoise AI for ~3 years, and never had this issue until recently (~1-2 months). I paused photography for some time with covid and the travel restriction, restarted locally recently and i’m now running into this issue. I’m assuming the issue is a combination of Denoise AI version (3.2.0 installed) & Nvidia drivers. (471.68 installed).

Any solution?

Cheers.

Not at the moment as it is a known issue with RTX but using CPU, although slower, works. You can try the previous studio driver, 462.xx, as I believe NVIDIA is trying to solve the issue.

I also believe that NVIDIA may have just updated the 471 driver to 471.68

New August drivers are out and it’s STILL NOT FIXED…

For Denoise AI 3.2.0, under nvidia 471.68 driver update, yes, there is still processing error, while using “standard” mode, just turn “auto” mode on/off to cause the processing errors. other models in Denoise AI, with “auto” mode on/off, do not produce processing errors.

Sharpen AI 3.2.0 also had processing errors, but with the new 3.2.1 update + nvidia 471.68 driver update, processing errors no longer happen for me.

What is your processing environment, go to Help, Graphics Info., press the Copy button and paste the info here in this thread.

Application & Version: Topaz DeNoise AI Version 3.2.0

Operating System: Windows 10 Version 21h1

Graphics Hardware: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER/PCIe/SSE2

OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 471.68

CPU RAM: 16315 MB

Video RAM: 8192 MB

Preview Limit: 8000 Pixels

OS info:

Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 21H1
Installed on ‎02/‎11/‎2020
OS build 19043.1151
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0

You have exactly the same as I do except for the GPU, I have the GTX1050/4GB, and it is OK with the Studio driver v471.68 … if you are using the Game Ready driver switch to the Studio driver to see if that makes a difference for your RTX2070 Super.

I am already useing Studio drivers, 471.68. according to Nvidia Game Experience.

1 Like

Also experiencing the same issue when running the Studio driver.

Operating System: Windows 10 Version 2009
CPU RAM: 32702 MB

Yep still not working…2nd update since this started and not fixed.

Please raise a support request at the main website, they may have current information from NVIDIA on their progress as the GTX issues have been fixed. In the meantime use CPU processing.

Graphics Hardware: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080/PCIe/SSE2
CPU RAM: 16318 MB

Interesting, the software think windows is still in 2009 (it’s updated to 21H1

I updated my 2080 Super to Nvidia 471.68 after getting a notice that it had some “refinements” for Sharpen AI. Now Sharpen AI does run but Denoise AI 3.2.0 gives an error message. It does run with CPU instead of GPU in preferences, but slowly. I’m lucky to have found this thread where others are having the same problem, and working around by eg. not using Standard Mode. I have a support request into Topaz. I’m hoping they’ve seen this discussion.

1 Like

Hello
I am also experiencing these issues and here is my Graphics Info
Application & Version: Topaz Sharpen AI Version 3.2.1

CPU RAM: 32679 MB

Instructions are in my previous post regarding processing and to contact support.

Here is the response I got from Topaz support about the Nvidia 471.68 having an issue in Denoise AI

“we know that the most recent driver from Nvidia has a bug and there hasn’t been a fix for it yet. We have notified Nvidia and they advised that the fix should be released in the next update. For now, the easiest solution is to revert back to the May Studio driver for this graphics card on their website.”

3 Likes

Application & Version: Topaz Sharpen AI Version 3.2.1

Operating System: macOS 10.16

Graphics Hardware: AMD Radeon Pro 575 OpenGL Engine

OpenGL Driver: 4.1 ATI-4.6.20

CPU RAM: 8192 MB

Video RAM: 2047 MB

Preview Limit: 4492 Pixels

Please raise a support request at the main website, doesn’t sound right that you are getting the message as the others are as it has only affected RTX users so far.

I have an Asus GeForce GTX1650, and am having exactly the same problem as described above with Topaz denoise AI v3.2 - ie it causes a “processing error” when trying to use the standard processing mode in TDN AI. The other three processing modes work fine. I also am suffering from occasional “black screens” for up to six seconds when switching between applications or switching between functions in some programs. The latest Nvidia driver 471.68 has fixed the occasional “Blue screen of death” crashes, but looks like Nvidia (and possibly Topaz) have more work to do. Disappointingly, when i contacted Nvidia, they tried to sheet the blame to Asus. If I go back to Nvidia driver 466.77, TDN AI works fine, but I have to put up with the “Blue screen of death” and other instability problems.
Come on Nvidia - FIX THIS PROBLEM!

You may want to try the 462.xx Studio driver from May. That seems to be stable.