Denoise AI - Batch Process Please

I’m sure Topaz have stated that because of technical limitations, the AI apps can either be plug-ins (like Sharpen, Denoise and Adjust are) or be batch processors (like Gigapixel and J2R) but they can’t be both.

1 Like

It doesn’t need to be plugin able but doing batch processing couldn’t be a problem. It’s the users choice to set certain settings and process them all with this setting! Right now you even have to write down your settings as you won’t get the settings from last image. That’s not really user friendly and the Denoise isn’t cheap at all. And at least they now have the auto button (which at does not work well and using MacOS Catalina it doesn’t work any longer!)

So just enable processing of a number of images with the same setting without doing it timeconsuming by hand!

1 Like

If what Paul said is true, then maybe have two versions of Denoise AI - a stand-alone version that will do batch processing, and a plug-in version.

Short version: How can I batch process photos in Denoise AI?

Long version:
I was recently given the opportunity to photograph a dress rehearsal of the Phantom of the Opera musical by the local Musical Union, and I now want to share my selected 400+ photos with the cast via Facebook. As is usual for stage productions, the lighting was quite dark so I ended up shooting the entire production at 6400 ISO. Denoise AI (DAI) is a wonderful product for removing the noise (and doing a touch of sharpening), but I don’t want to have to apply it separately to each photo.

What is the best way to batch process these photos in DAI? I am happy to use the same settings in DAI for each photo. Ideally I would like to put all of the photos into Lightroom as that is my preferred post-processing tool when I have this many photos as I can use the Sync tool to rapidly apply changes to multiple photos, and then save them all simultaneously. So is there a way to automate opening DAI from Lightroom, applying the common settings, closing it, and repeating for the remaining photos.

Plan B would be to do this from DAI itself, or from Photoshop, and then to do the rest of the processing in Lightroom.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you folks can provide.

Cheers

Rex

1 Like

If you have Photoshop, try this

Thanks Jack, much appreciated. I have Photoshop and have created some simple Photoshop Actions before, so this isn’t entirely new to me.

Topaz - please include a batch processing option in all of your AI products! For me, this would be the ideal solution as I could Denoise (or Sharpen, or Clear, or re-size) all of the photos before opening them in Lightroom for the rest of my processing. Thanks in advance!

Cheers

Rex

3 Likes

Yep, add me to the list. Topaz users clearly are in need of batch processing. Like others above I have literally hundreds of images to process and clients waiting.

Come on guys, get it happening for all AI products.

2 Likes

I voted for this feature. Doesn’t need it asap but would be great to have it.

1 Like

I have been crying for this for months. Any reply from the development on why they will or will not will be much welcomed.

1 Like

I think you should be placing your request through support tickets rather than just posting in a user to user forum.

1 Like

We need this now… I will definitely bail on this software for something else that can deliver. It seems like you should be able to isolate the features available in the “AI Clear” Mode to allow us batch processing… either that or give us a free stand alone product for those wanting to batch denoise and got duped into buying Denoise AI…

1 Like

This is a user to user forum. You should generate a proper support request at https://support.topazlabs.com/hc/en-us

1 Like

I am a user… The topic of this thread is “Product Feature Requests”… What is your point in that comment to my post? This wasn’t a support request… it’s a EXTREMELY valid Product Feature Request that is going unanswered… and a potentially useful recommendation that will help Topaz retain unhappy “users” that share this desire for batch processing.

1 Like

Put simply, in a user to user forum your post may or may not be picked up by company personnel.
If you put your request in via a support ticket, it will definitely get to the people in the company that it needs to. That was my advice to you. I don’t mind if you ignore it.

2 Likes

Hi everyone,
I’m new here, and also new at using Topaz Denoise AI!
I downloaded it because I want to try and make HQ gifs, by using it as a PlugIn on PS.

Unfortunately, I am having a problem when it comes to processing my PS layers into Topaz Denoise, it doesn’t apply my settings to each layer automatically, I have to click on “apply” for every single frame.
I know it usually takes a long time, but from what I have seen on many tutorials I’ve watched, it applies the settings automatically.

So my question is: Is there a way to “Apply” automatically with Topaz Denoise?

Hi, DeNoise AI has its own batch interface where you can load a folder and it will automatically process and save the output.

But, it will not process GIFs.

For what you are trying to do you could write an action in PS that would process and save the layer back to PS.

I just tried this in Photoshop CS6 with Adjust 5 and although it ran the action - it did not make the adjustment although the Photoshop history shows that it ran the action. Does it still work for you?