DeNoise AI 2.3.6

What’s wrong with DeNoise AI (and PC) crashing every time an image loads? At least versions 2.3.1 and 2.2.7 I tried don’t work on my PC.Is there a bug report in DeNoise AI somewhere that you could try to figure out by looking at the bug?

That’s one of the penalties of owning a PC! There are so many brands and configurations of CPU and GPU and not all combinations can get tested. (That’s why I own a Mac on which Topaz products run like a dream).
You need to post your Graphics Info. It’s in the Help menu (on the Mac anyway) and then one of the PC experts on the forum will be able to advise you how best to configure your machine.

Application & Version: Topaz DeNoise AI Version 2.3.1

Operating System: Windows 10 Version 2004

Graphics Hardware: GeForce GTX 970/PCIe/SSE2

OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 432.00

CPU RAM: 32613 MB

Video RAM: 4096 MB

Preview Limit: 5803 Pixels

Windows 10 Home, 64-bit
DirectX-versio: 12.0
Grafiikkasuoritin: GeForce GTX 970
Ohjaimen versio: 432.00
Ohjaintyyppi: DCH
Direct3D API -versio: 12
Direct3D-ominaisuustaso: 12_1
CUDA-suoritinytimet: 1664
Suorittimen kello: 1114 MHz
Muistin datanopeus: 7.01 Gbps
Muistiliittymä: 256-bittinen
Muistin kaistanleveys: 224.32 Gt/s
Käytettävissä olevan grafiikkamuistin koko: 20402 Mt
Varattu videomuisti: 4096 Mt GDDR5
Järjestelmän videomuisti: 0 Mt
Jaettu järjestelmämuisti: 16306 Mt
Video-BIOSin versio: 84.04.1F.00.2B
IRQ: Not used
Väylä: PCI Express x8 Gen3
Laitetunnus: 10DE 13C2 85081043
Osanumero: G401 0010

[Komponentit]

nvui.dll 8.17.14.3200 NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component
nvxdplcy.dll 8.17.14.3200 NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component
nvxdbat.dll 8.17.14.3200 NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component
nvxdapix.dll 8.17.14.3200 NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component
NVCPL.DLL 8.17.14.3200 NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component
nvCplUIR.dll 8.1.940.0 NVIDIA Control Panel
nvCplUI.exe 8.1.940.0 NVIDIA Control Panel
nvViTvSR.dll 26.21.14.3200 NVIDIA Video Server
nvViTvS.dll 26.21.14.3200 NVIDIA Video Server
nvWSSR.dll 26.21.14.3200 NVIDIA Workstation Server
nvWSS.dll 26.21.14.3200 NVIDIA Workstation Server
nvDispSR.dll 26.21.14.3200 NVIDIA Display Server
nvDispS.dll 26.21.14.3200 NVIDIA Display Server
nvLicensingS.dll 6.14.14.3200 NVIDIA Licensing Server
nvDevToolS.dll 26.21.14.3200 NVIDIA 3D Settings Server
NVCUDA.DLL 26.21.14.3200 NVIDIA CUDA 10.1.120 driver
nvGameSR.dll 26.21.14.3200 NVIDIA 3D Settings Server
nvGameS.dll 26.21.14.3200 NVIDIA 3D Settings Server

I think the first thing you need to do is download and install the latest driver from the NVIDIA website as yours is well out of date - the current version is 456.55.

I have the same problem on Sierra on a MacPbook Pro (mid2014 with 16Gb memory, Intel Iris Pro w/ 1536Mb graphics).

Topaz sent me the link for the former 2.2.12 version which works but if they don’t fix the 2.3.x version, I may ask for a refund after paying for 2.3

Topaz advised me that “a third-party programming update to support the new macOS Big Sur does not support macOS 10.12.” The options were to go back to the 2.2.12 version or upgrade the Mac OS; they did offer a refund on the purchase of 2.3. I managed to upgrade to High Sierra (10.13.6) and 2.3 runs on it.

Ok… i did a test on the same picture by reinstalling back the old version 2.2.12. It seems like the result is the same. Looks like the Denoise engine is not able to clean up the noise and keep the details at the same time. Having said that, it would good if the engine can be improved and so is adding support for layers to subjects/background. Here is the picture for those who are interested to see. Cheers.
https://imgur.com/a/ZutDE3r

AI Clear set on Med - Low does a little better job clearing the noise in your image while keeping the details than the settings you’re showing.

Using Auto for the setting values keeps more detail, but leaves some of the noise as well.

Thanks PaulM your tip.
I noticed the same tip on the Topaz page when I made the fault report. I updated to the latest NVIDIA sw and also Win10 latest packet, but the fault didn’t go away.

When TopazDeNoise calibration starts at 2% and then the PC crashes. It is the same which image (demo.jpg) is selected, PC crashes. The old version TopazDeNoiseAI-2.2.5 does not crash, but it does not work otherwise: no noise removal occurs in the image. In the past (abt 2 week ago), the program worked flawlessly.

If people are having to use “Low Light” to get a better result, then I would say the model is not working as intended.

But I can work with this bug because the old version 2.2.12 works without any problems. :grinning:

Seeing the specs you posted, I have no idea why this could be happening. It sounds like you’ve said 2.2.5 doesn’t work, 2.2.7 crashes, 2.3.1 crashes, but 2.2.12 works. There aren’t any changes between those that I could see causing such an issue so it makes me think this is an external issue.

I have recently seen a bunch of crash logs for people caused by other programs, notably ASUS GPU Tweak II, ASUS Sonic Studio 3, ATI Multimedia, and Foxit PhantomPDF. I’m wondering if there is a driver conflict that happens sporadically, or some other program interfering with ours.

If you could, can you check to see if you have any crash logs in your temp folder from 2.3.0/2.3.1? They would be located at C:\Users\<Your Username>\AppData\Local\Temp\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz DeNoise AI. There should be a folder called “Crashes” there, and if it has files in it I’d appreciate if you could zip those up and send them to me.

Hi Adam,
I reverted back to version 2.3.1 and opened the demo1.jpg file. PC crashed. I try to send you Crashes.zip file by email.

1 Like

…but what is the correct email to you?
Please send email direct oh7lua@gmail.com

Br, -Janne-

I have a GTX1050/4GB with that latest driver and both these settings work OK, with Demo1 also:

or

Thanks for the tip Don.
I changed my settings to the same, but the error didn’t go away. Your PC will crash almost as soon as demo1.jpg is loaded.

I got the e-mail but unfortunately it looks like the full crash report does not get saved.

When you get a full system crash, is it a blue screen error? I might need to get some info from Event Viewer to see what is actually failing, but I don’t know enough about it to give you direct instructions.

There is no blue screen error.
The entire PC shuts down, as if the power was cut off from the PC. The entire Windows 10 restarts. I can supply Windows 10 logs if needed and tell me the instructions for taking the log.

Mine doesn’t crash.

Okay, can we try this:

1. Press Win+R
  2. Type in “eventvwr.msc” and pres Enter
  3. In Event Viewer, on the left side go to Window > System and right click it, then select Filter Current Log
  4. In the filter dialog, click the Event Sources drop down and select USER32
  5. Click the text box where it says < All Event IDs >, and type in 6008
  6. Press Ok to filter the list
  7. Check if there are any events that match up time wise with your crash
  8. If there is one, right click it and select “Save Selected Events…”, and e-mail it to me.