DeNoise AI 2.3.6

I’m getting bad image quality for the background of the image, check those 2 samples coming from same raw file. Mode selected is Denoise AI with auto settings.
With denoise AI 2.2.x image quality was far better.

Denoise 2.2.12: Dropbox - File Deleted
Complete tiff: Dropbox - File Deleted

Denoise 2.3.0: Dropbox - File Deleted
Complete tiff: Dropbox - File Deleted

Hmmm… Very interesting this new layout. Comparison view is fantastic! Thanks!

But please check this setting:

• open fireworks sample
  • select any mode
  • settings to Auto
  • view is Single view
  • Auto-update preview is on

Click on picture after denoised, and release mouse button… Nothing happened, I cannot see denoised version again… Update no working.

Not happy about being asked to pay for an upgrade, I have almost all of the A.I. products, I suppose their going to ask me to pay for those as well. Not a fan of having to constantly pay for upgrades. I hope Topaz will reverse their decision on this. (Probably not going to happen, but I will not pay more than I’ve already paid)

6 Likes

i love the new speed on an RTX2080TI and the compare view. it seems the scaling of the interface has changed with this update. im on a 4k monitor with the default of 150% and the text/spacing is huge compared to every other program i use. the topaz labs apps have always been a bit bigger but now its really big. if i set the scaling to 125% and reboot the font is really small. there is a pretty big difference between 125% and 150%. with 150% it feels like i am using a magnifying glass zoomed in. it would be nice to gain some of this interface spacing and font size back for more image area.

2 Likes

Does it “fix crashes every time I use it”?

1 Like

Not going to get any additional money for an upgrade that should have been free. Looking at the change list everything under FIXED should have been sent out in a free update. Now even those under changed could have also been included as a free update as well as the one listed general.

Topaz is heading into the yearly fix for cash which in my book means no more updates that cost me money, learn to like the old stuff and use it as best possible.

This move to 2.3 is not worth my money as there are way too many fixes, changes that should have been done for free. If it had to be fixed why are we paying to be free beta testers and then have to pay for your mistakes.

Looks like another good company going bad for the buck. Silly me that I really thought when they said upgrades for life it meant until we decided to charge you and forget about the past we are moving into the future.

Thankfully AI products are more hype about nothing at times and the older programs still work and so what you actually have to do a little work…

I guess I should say thanks… you are now saving me money to spend with companies that do it right.

8 Likes

I have found out, that pretty much for all companies, “Lifetime updates” is a very common advertising blurb used to help reel in users. But what it really means (again, for everything, for example, “Lifetime updates” for GPS maps) is “lifetime of the product”, not “lifetime of the user”. And “lifetime of the product” can mean whatever the maker of the product decides its lifetime will be: 10 years, 4 years, 1 year, 1 month even.

3 Likes

I got similar results. I was able to improve the result a lot by manually moving the “Remove Noise” slider up manually. It appears that the “Auto” algorithm is not setting the “Remove Noise” slider high enough. Maybe it’s meant to be more conservative?

I also agree that there is a problem with the upgrade pricing.
Using version 2.2.12 and I also own all the other products as well.
Feels like $49 just to get ver. 2.3 is wrong since we’re not talking about a major release with many new features.

I guess I’ll be asked soon to pay the same for the rest of my Topaz apps?
This is not good, and if you think of moving to a membership plan, at least make it clear of such plans and give your customers some options to move to a yearly membership plan.

I’ll wait with my upgrades untill you reply and explain.

4 Likes

No. There are only four apps this applies to, and the upgrade price is $49 for one app or $99 for two or more apps.

1 Like

I’m reasonably happy with 2.2.12. I’ll wait until Canon .cr3 raw files are supported before splashing any cash.

2 Likes

In my understanding, you don’t have to upgrade, but if you want to use v2.3.x and you don’t have active support for that product then, yes, the upgrade fee is $49. At least your package update fee is only $41.91 (lucky you) which would be the obvious choice between the two alternatives. Mine is $99 for everything (or $49 just for DeNoise-AI); in other words, nothing pro-rated.

This is all per the new upgrade policy announced many months ago.

1 Like

Is 2.3 compatible with Mac OS 10.12.6 (Sierra). I just tried it and keep getting the message “Topaz DeNoise AI cannot be opened because of a problem” and suggests checking the OS.

1 Like

This is something we need to get nailed down on the FAQ asap.

Before users pay for a version upgrade they are going to want to test it out (I know I would).

2 Likes

I have to agree with several of the Posters here about this new Release . The dividing line on the Split screen jumping around is annoying for sure . I did go back and try reprocessing several images that I ran through with v2.2.2 . With this Release NONE of the Images looked acceptable with using Denoise as they did on the older version . Every one ended up with Low Light and they still weren’t as good as the Denoise from the older version . Maybe we just need some help with this new Version ? Are we missing something obvious ? /SRK

If I upgrade to 2.3.0 can I downgrade to a previous version if I don’t like it or it has too many bugs?

It’s your upgrade plan that has run out, not 2.2.9 which will continue to work just fine (though the last version before 2.3.0 was 2.2.12).

Really? I’m really angry. You bring a new update and the license from 2.2 is no longer valid and I have to pay the price for a new product ($59)? I mean the last 20 or so updates were all bug fixes to bugs introduced with bug fixes. I wished there was some updates for better results. At least I felt like doing beta testing, and now I should buy the whole price? I hope the artifacts and color changes are now gone when you are so keen to grab again our money!

3 Likes

I got $59 when clicking renew on DeNoise splash screen!

Topaz changed the license model to a subscription model where you have to pay per year. I was NOT notified that the license model will be a subscription based one. I hate that!

1 Like