DeNoise 3.7.0

Oops. I’m on topic in the thread but not with my typing. :slight_smile: Referring to Denoise.

More specifically, I see about a 5 second delay before “Not Responding” appears, and another 5 seconds before the application closes. It does seem to occur specifically when first run after boot. The delay is still there, but much shorter (only a second or two total.) Is there value in filing a bug report?

Every application has a clean up process on shutdown as there may be background processes running, but you shouldn’t get a application not responding message. I see there have been issues with tensorflow and your logs would show an error message so I would advise you to send the logs to support if you feel it is out of the ordinary for the app.

I get an error when closing Topaz Denoise AI: “The instruction at 0xreferenced memory at 0x. The memory could not be written”

Look in the log files it will give a meaningful error, you can find the on/off and location of the log files through the Help menu.

Also include the info from Help-> Graphics info by pressing the Copy button and the paste here.

Graphics Info:
Application & Version: Topaz DeNoise AI Version 3.7.0

Operating System: Windows 10 Version 2009

Graphics Hardware: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070/PCIe/SSE2

OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 512.95

CPU RAM: 130982 MB

Video RAM: 8192 MB

Preview Limit: 8000 Pixels

2022-07-15T23:03:49.830 [Debug ] Thread: 0x2d5d37ab580 <TImpServerThread::shutDown line #: 198> finished

Firstly it tells me your GPU drivers are not up to date, you can update from the NVIDIA website.

It’s best if you upload the logs as a file rather than copy paste text as there are 3 separate logs in each group. One is an error log.

2022-07-16-15-34-45-Main.tzlog (13.3 KB)
2022-07-16-15-34-45-QML.tzlog (4.4 KB)

I can only upload 2, the other 2 are empty including the Err which means it doesn’t write it in the log.

I do not update the GPU drivers so fast since their latest drivers really caused a lot of issues (corsair iCue amongst others) and I had to rollback. The other TOPAZ software I have as Sharpen, Gigapixel,… don’t show this issue, only Denoise and this only when I close it without having done anything or when I disregard any changes.

Is it me or scrolling with the mouse wheel to zoom is extremely slow compared to Gigapixel ?
Anyone experiencing this ?

1 Like

You should raise a support request at the main website but they will probably tell you to update your drivers also.

No scroll zoom issue here, works well.
AMD Ryzen 7
AMD Radion R9 200 video
16GB RAM

It’s not that this bug ‘bugs me’, I just telling it. It appears when closing anyway. The bugs from NVIDIA though weigh up much higher so I can live with this issue rather then NVIDIA’s GPU drivers’ known issues with e.g. Corsair nowaday.

Zooming is definitely slower with DeNoise compared to the others… Just try it.

Sorry to hear you might be having that issue. I just tried DeNoise, Sharpen, Mask and Adjust and all zoomed in/out as fast as I could spin the mouse wheel.

As mentioned by another person, I just installed the update for DeNoise (3.7.0) and now my files sizes are being reduced drastically. As an example a photo I had previously worked on with versions 3.6.0, the file size went from 9.64mb to 9.67mb (doesn’t always go higher but sometimes it does). Now this same photo when processed with version 3.7.0, the file size goes from 9.64mb down to 3.41mb. A 65% decrease in file size. Why?

I saw a reply that talked about quality / compression setting, but I don’t see anywhere within DeNoise to check it, let alone change it.

Please let me know what needs to be done to fix this. Right now I am working on reverting back to the previous version.

1 Like

Ahah, well actually, DeNoise and Sharpen have the same srolling speed, say, very slow at high zoom levels. It literally takes more than 10 seconds from minimum to maximum zoom, while in Gigapixel and with the same image it takes less than 4 seconds.
Sorry for pointing out the obvious, but this needs to be taken in consideration very seriously.
Zooming in Gigapixel is much faster and much pleasing to perform.
Might do some videos to show the difference.

I’m busy tonight but I’ll make a live screen capture video for you tomorrow afternoon.

I made a short live screen capture of DeNoise AI, Sharpen AI and Gigapixel AI opening the same TIF file from my Canon 90D (32.5 MB). I zoomed in and out using the mouse wheel and using the keyboard control keys. The video is real time.

Download from my We Transfer account (link available through July 27, 2022):
https://we.tl/t-nmcLPUfrGK

I forgot to add the horizontal/vertical scrolls to the zoom scrolls to the live screen capture - here is the download link:
https://we.tl/t-SqmOTcyfhg

Hi,
Thanks for the videos !
We can somehow see that Gigapixel is faster when zooming. That said, the issue is only when using the scroll wheel, I never said anything about panning (what you call horizontal/vertical scrolls).

Actually I was expecting a real comparison, so I have made a side by side video we can see better.

Download link :
https://we.tl/t-LIl1XfDQod

Also, if developers read this, there are some other inconsistencies between Gigapixel an other Topaz software. In Gigapixel, zooming is always following the pointer, while in DeNoise and Sharpen it zooms in the center of the last view, regardless of the pointer location. For example if we previously zoomed in the corner of the image then fully zoomed out, zooming in again will be performed toward the same corner, while in Gigapixel it follows the pointer.
For me it looks like the three different apps are all developed by different teams. Even the UI is different between the apps… Sorry but this can’t be unseen.