DeNoise 3.7.0

Latest installers:
Windows (v3.7.0): Online | Full
Mac (v3.7.0): Full

Released June 22nd, 2022.

Major Changes:

• Updated Low Light model and some color correction changes
  • Updated Libraw to support OM-1 files
  • Added TensorRT models on Windows which should speed up processing on Nvidia GPUs in the 10, 20, and 30 series

Changes:

• Added new processing error messages (updated wording, missing model dialogs, etc)
  • Added ability to cancel update in manual update mode
  • Added Ctrl/Alt/Shift + Scroll shortcuts for Masking mode to change radius/softness/opacity
  • Added show password toggle on the login screen
  • Added a Lightroom Classic troubleshooting link under the Help menu on Mac
  • Changed JPG and PNG quality/compression sliders go from 1-100 now instead of 1-10
    – JPEG quality settings should now get reset to 95 whenever the user last used anything 30 or lower (prevents bad saves)
  • Changed default quality from 90% to 95% when preserving input settings to match default JPEG quality
  • Removed animations when loading files which should make the program feel faster

Fixes:

• Fixed CR2 files crashing on open
  • Fixed Lightroom not being able to import all images in large batch imports
  • Fixed memory leak when saving a large amount of RAW images
  • Fixed JPG DPI not being saved when overwriting file
  • Fixed TIFF metadata being lost when overwriting file
  • Fixed apply/cancel both being hidden when in external editor mode with no images selected
  • Fixed black block issue on first proc on Mac
  • Fixed Make/Model exif data not being written correctly when it comes from manufacturer specific tags
  • Fixed issue where PS last filter would freeze forever
  • Fixed issue where PS last filter wouldn’t show the preview for the image being processed
  • Fixed issue where manual update would be disabled after adding strokes in masking mode
  • Fixed mouse area for the file list view delegate not taking the entire area
  • Fixed zoom and view selection buttons being enabled when exporting
  • Fixed links inside of dialog boxes not being link colored
  • Fixed CoreML cache not being cleared between app updates which caused some processing errors
  • Fixed file list view height being incorrect when exporting in plugin mode
11 Likes

Thanks for the OM-1 support, will Sharpen and Gigapixel also follow soon?

3 Likes

Yes, they should be able to support it on their next releases.

Big improvement in speed at least for the WIndows version

Is is possible to add full HDRI Support? On Sharpen AI especially, it will open and HDRI and give a fantastic result, but will not save in .hdr format. Most spherical HDRI images are a quite blurry, so it would be nice to see this become integrated.

Just tried a very noisy OM-1 file with a great result. Thanks for the update.

Thank you very much for the update. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Quote:
Improved color consistency with Low Light v4 - Improvements to how we trained Low Light v4 allows us to provide more consistent color while reducing blotchiness in the highlights and shadows.

The improvement in Low Light Model is HUGE. :tada: :100:

Looking forward for the same improvement in Severe Noise Model. :star_struck:

2 Likes

I just wanted to say a big thank you. These programs have breathed new life into my photos, and every new release is like a mini Christmas (I’m really looking forward to what Sharpen has in store next.) There aren’t many companies out there that I feel this strongly about, so sincerely thank you all for the hard work, innovation, and basically magic you do. It means a lot to me and I’m sure lots of other people out there. I’m kicking myself for having deleting old photos that I thought were unusable! Thank you all again!

4 Likes

Same here re old photos.

1 Like

Hi, Prompted to install new version. Not a good idea, it seems, for me. Luckily previous version still available. Images include 2 versions of 3.7 treatments, and JPGs x2, one after DxO and one SOOC. I had been successfully using DxO then DeNoise (very happy with results via 3.6) Big Sur, M1 mac.
Looking forward to comments. Peter Cooney

Please disregard the overprocessed sky-tree interface. Hope crop shows changes that are lost in uploaded second jpg.

Good stuff guys. This is commendable.

I’ve got one question though about functionality of Topaz Denoise as well as Gigapixel and Sharpen. Why must the model recompute over and over again for simple cursor inputs such as zooming in or out or panning an image or video?

I feel the use of a temporary buffer/or buffering the process for the whole image/video could be a way to save us time and processor cycles without the need to redo over and over again. Please consider this could save tons of time and effort.

3 Likes

Fabulous, thank you.

Standard model making things blurry on Turing GPU seems fixed for me in this release…good job.

Why you continue to advertise these TensorRT models for Nvidia 10 series for all your products including Gigapixel and Video AI ?!? There is no any GPU of 10 series that has Tensor cores . Only the RTX and 16xx series have Tensor cores . So please correct your advertise and do not mislead your customers - this is not correct !

Hi Adam I’m wondering if you know when the Nikon Z9 Raw high efficiency files are going to be supported by Topaz Noise AI and Topaz Sharp AI?

1 Like

this version 3.7 is an improvement in many ways but I would expect that the RAW model would be better than the low light model. The low light model is superior in sharpness as cn be seen in the necklace below. This was a Sony ARW raw file 16 Mpx.
Application & Version: Topaz DeNoise AI Version 3.7.0

Operating System: Windows 10 Version 2009
Graphics Hardware: AMD Radeon RX 5600 XT
OpenGL Driver: 3.3.14800 Core Profile Forward-Compatible Context 22.5.2 30.0.21017.1000
CPU RAM: 32690 MB
Video RAM: 6128 MB
Preview Limit: 8000 Pixels

Raw model:

Low Light Model:

I blogged about the new release today with emphasis on using DeNoise to salvage film scans and older, lo-res digital images. Both of which I have too many…

I upgraded to 3.7.0 on Windows 11 x64. When using Topaz DeNoise AI from Photoshop as a filter using the Low Light filter, it crashes when trying to exit. When I checked the Event Logs, the following error keeps appearing:

Faulting application name: Topaz DeNoise AI.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x62b22f67
Faulting module name: Qt6Core.dll, version: 6.3.0.0, time stamp: 0x624c0b37
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000001da3c5
Faulting process ID: 0x0x75A4
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1D8877A4B39875B
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz DeNoise AI\Topaz DeNoise AI.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz DeNoise AI\Qt6Core.dll
Report ID: 0d5a107d-a8e7-4ff2-8859-f0adcfa7a1b7
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Processing: image.png…

Even if I force quit the application, its still hanging around. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled and it doesn’t fix the problem. Any suggestions on how to resolve please?

Hi Adam, what is the issue with the download servers? I had to stop the online update because it was taking too long and now the full installer (3.7GB) is reporting that it will take 6 days. There isn’t an issue with my internet connection as I just downloaded a 2.3GB installer for another product from the AWS servers in less then 2 minutes on a 1000Mbps/500mbps service.

This issue has only started happening over the last 2 weeks.

2 Likes